Winter added bed weight

How much weight do you add

• Total voters

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to get about 500# or so or concrete block so I dont spin like crazy starting off. Once it gets moving it plows through anything.
The 94 is better to drive in the snow than my old chevy 4x4. Just dont wana get off the road....

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the shear weight of my truck on a daily basis is enough for me.

Attachments

• P1010051.JPG
    P1010051.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 14

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Just the shear weight of my truck on a daily basis is enough for me.

yeah a cap and a bed full of tools and equipment is plenty of weight on the SD

the IDI had a cap and rack on it and the front hubs locked all winter;Sweet

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
I prefer a perkins 4-154 W/a BW velvet drive and 200 gallons of WMO for winter weight in my POS chevy crewcab it was 4X4 until the front driveshaft took a poop.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dustin, you gotta be kidding! With the kind of winter we're having? Heck, I don't need weight in the bed, I need a built in undercarriage car wash and a 50 gallon heated tank in the bed. :rolleyes: The use of salt to melt 1/8" of snowfall should be registered as a crime, and banned by the EPA. :shoot:

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
When I lived in PA and endured a couple of memorable winters, the truck didn't need anything in the bed--great big truck box full of toys and tools though--moved around a lot in 4WD.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I don't add weight anymore. If it won't go, in 4x4, I don't need to leave.

When I used to plow, I had a buddy of mine weld 2 rear truck drums back to back, and fill with concrete. Two of those in the back was PLENTY.
Crazy SOB welded a :moon: on one of the end caps. Good for a few laughs.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
The other night when we got that sprinkle of snow I was stuck at school. I had to slide out of the parking lot almost sideways just to get home.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dustin, you gotta be kidding! With the kind of winter we're having? Heck, I don't need weight in the bed, I need a built in undercarriage car wash and a 50 gallon heated tank in the bed. :rolleyes: The use of salt to melt 1/8" of snowfall should be registered as a crime, and banned by the EPA. :shoot:

I agree totally.

If there is a hint of a chance of a stray snowflake, they first spray the roads with a brine substance, then they simply cover the road-surface with tons of salt.

We haven't had a total of half an inch, all winter combined; yet, the salt is wind-rowed on both edges and the center-line of every road around here.

It has been dry, a rarity for Kentucky, and vehicles make a salt dust-cloud, like something you would expect to see in Death Valley in a hurricane.

It is totally ridiculous.cookoo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I get the salt dust storm too. I wonder how long it takes for damp salt to chew through the wires on your air filter. -cuss

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Yea I get the salt dust storm too. I wonder how long it takes for damp salt to chew through the wires on your air filter. -cuss

i found that my IDI air filter got dirty fastest in the winter because of road spray. with the air the IDI consumes and the snorkel at the grill it really sucks that stuff in. using the old hold it up to see light shining thru the paper method i'd have a blackened filter. and it truly was plugged because i'd always see a difference in fuel milage and power when i got a new filter in the spring.

this is when i was working mostly in the city and rarely traveled dusty dirt roads. (which will kill your filter in no time flat as well) actually my PSD got dusted by the K&N:puke: in the stock airbox working out in Amish country but i digress.

yep looks like the snow is flying to the south of us here in the snowbelt this time around:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle