Why the funny offset?

Vailman

Reaction score
Seems almost every GM truck I see with different wheels on there ride, they stick way out past the fenders? Funky looking in my opinion and myself being a new Duramax owner I am wanting to do some mods but not if my wheels are going to look like that! :backoff

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Everybody wants bigger, wider, taller tires. The negative offset factory wheels don't stick out, because they aren't supposed to. From what I've seen, most aftermarket places don't stock them. Plus, you can't go in, without rubbing something, so you end up with tires sticking out, looking like a giant gay ****** wagon.

No offense to anyone in particular, btw. Just refering to all those infernal econo cars, with 12x12 wheels, that look like a go-cart on steroids.

The best laugh I had, for a long itme, was when I was down at academy, by Hutchinson. I was in town one night, when this white pearl, with purple vinyl half top, Buick Riviera cruised by me. It was on midget wides, with 2 young white kids inside. When it went around, I noticed the decal on the back glass......

"Latino Dreams"

:rotflmao :rotflmao

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chevy has been known to offset the fron axle wider than the rear for "tracking" reasons since 91 on up...i had a s10 blazer that i bought different offset wheels so they wouls stick out equally front to rear..only bad thing..cant rotate front to back.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and you can buy factory offset wheels..but you cant go up in size cuz theyll rub the frame or a'arms..and maybe the swaybar.up in tire size i meant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828