Why running your exhaust out in front of the RR wheel isn't the greatest idea... LOL

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to grab a pic of this forever, and I finally have one, I cleaned that wheel 3 days ago... LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

After pricing 3" pipe at my local parts store, I bought as little as possible and a 45*... That still cost me $120 for 3' of pipe, the 45, a connector, and 3 clamps...

I need to change the bed(yes, it has busted sills on the RR corner) and install the stacks soon... LOL.
Tonite was the first test of a sane towing combination, usually I'm yanking around a 10,000 lb ASV tracked bobcat on a 4500lb equipment hauler, the 6.9 will handle it just fine, but, it's slow going, and there's no worrying about gear spread or how the turbo sucks below 2000 rpm, because, with that combo, which is about 22-23,000 GCWR, I usually don't top 3rd very often, as I stick with the 50 mph speed limit on the highway, and I usually do very very little highway with that setup, just around town jobsite to jobsite and back to the shop...
All I can say is, I REALLY need to do something about that turbo, and a gear splitter would be extremely nice. Probably looking at 14-15,000 GCWR with the 2 F250's(one on the trailer is the 460 rig) and the trailer.

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure your stacks are tall enough to keep your back window from getting that wayLOL

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be a single rear wheel thing! All the duallys I have seen with them out in front of the wheels didn't have that problem.:dunno

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Must be a single rear wheel thing! All the duallys I have seen with them out in front of the wheels didn't have that problem.:dunno

I hope that's the case since I'm planning on going out in front of the wheel on my dually so I can have plenty of room behind the axle for another fuel tank on that side. If not, I'd better stock up on wheel cleaner .

---------Robert

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I am finding that out also, As far as the Duallys, the Lady Moose doesn't have a problem with that becasue the pipes come straight from the frame rail, not at an angle. The SS Tips are just farther out than the edge of the tire so it goes straight out and glows ast the tire.

My truck is just an elbow and it sort of loft's out and covers the rear tires.

BTW I balanced my exhaust so it is almost 50/50 out each side so now BOTH of my back tires get dirty;Sweet :D

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Before I put stacks on my truck I bought 3" out the back from jegs with a universal tail pipe kit from jegs and a couple sections of pipe for less then $120 now the clamps would add up if you can't weld but still look around some it helps

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, well, jegs, et al are just not cost effective once you add in shipping, brokerage fees, tax, and all that non fun stuff that you get when you bring anything over $60 across the border...
I would have ordered it online, but, I never figured it was going to cost that much, so, I just went and bought it the day I did it. T'll be ordering online here shortly for my 460 truck... I'm not paying that kind of $$$ to run duals on it(it's currently open headers)

My buddy has his 90'd out the side, and his tip sticks out past the bed about an inch, and, he doesn't get this at all, mind you, his truck is a good bit taller than mine, and he's running a stock sized pipe, so it sits up higher than my 3" setup does.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After pricing 3" pipe at my local parts store, I bought as little as possible and a 45*... That still cost me $120 for 3' of pipe, the 45, a connector, and 3 clamps...

When I did my 3" exhaust I got the pipe from the y pipe to the tail pipe including bending it in the right places using the old 2.5" exhaust pipe as a guide. All the clamps and mounting brackets plus the 4" chrome tip for $120. The muffler was another $120 or there abouts so total cost front to back was $240.

Was yours stainless steel?. Mine is aluminized not stainless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online