Who runs WMO on 7.3 psd?

Chadsmokes0il

Reaction score
Who runs wmo? I got a 1996 psd 7.3 want to save money need pointers on where to buy components to process my own fuel

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd advise against it. Find an IDI powered vehicle to mess with WMO. Do you need your truck for commuting? If not, buy a beater car and save fuel that way.
I'm with the greenkeeper! If you want to do WMO stick with a mechanically injected diesel, like an IDI or 12V Cummins. If you have an unlimited source of money and time to spend sitting on side of the road trying to figure out why you're trucks not running and how to efficiency do WMO in a powerstroke (and I'm sure it will with a lot of experimenting and trouble shooting) then please do. But the simple diesels will drink the stuff with no mods. I'm no expert, but I have been running the stuff for a year and a half in a turbo IDI with only a minor learning curve. There's several good threads specifically about the subject. But I really caution against powerstroking on WMO. The injectors are expensive and hidden under the valve covers.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I did for a bit, and didnt like what i found for residues in the fuel bowl and fuel pump later. Probably worse in the tank. One big issue (in hindsight) was I blindly took other people's wmo; not strictly my own controlled collections.

If i was going to try again, it would be with a regulated-return system (and fuel bowl delete) that filtered continuously.

Black dawg

Reaction score
If you start and warm up on diesel, wmo works ok in 7.3 psd. Have seen many miles of 50/50, I would probably shoot for more like 25% oil. Tends to smoke and stink more than an idi, and if not being worked tends to plug up the holes in the nozzle. Filtering process is huge (regardless of what fuel system....if you want it to last).

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Ya the coking that develops on the injector tips will quickly make a psd smoke pretty bad at an idle. I second the starting and stoping on diesel with the psd more so then idi diesels. They do fine otherwise tho. Gotta be clean oil tho.

Wulf202

Reaction score
I did it, fuel pump and injectors suffered.

My 12 valve doesn't care though.

Debbob

Reaction score
I'm running 50% WMO 50% diesel in a 2000 7.3 WMO filtered to 3 Micron w 20% RUG davco 382 2-micron filter, aux fuel pump. no problems so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.