White smoke no start

Steve1986idi

Reaction score
Well that makes me feel good I got ripped off!! I’m 31 have 4 kids married for 10 years support a family , mortgage , work 60 hours a week a combat veteran and get scammed that’s nice ! Thanks for the info on this place tho I was wondering why so cheap !!.. makes me upset always wanted a diesel bought it from a salvage yard and have been fixing it up , can’t trust anyone nowadays makes me sick !

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve, first off thank you for you and your family’s service to our country. If you like, I’d be happy to take your injectors and make them right for you no cost.

Steve1986idi

Reaction score
Thewespaul I really appreciate that ! I honestly have given everything I have into this truck and would love to make it work and I appreciate your kindness and help !. I will make it as right as I can with you I’ll give you my old ip I’m not sure what’s wrong with it truck ran with it maybe it’s not even bad maybe it is still the injectors but u can have it I need to eventually buy another or rebuild and you can have my old injectors as well . Thank you for the helping hand on this I do appreciate it

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does he need to do to fix the throttle shaft leak? Or that cannot not be done without tearing the pump apart?

If you need the truck right now till you get time to take it apart again, sometimes parking the front of the truck downhill will help with the air issue. You are trying to get the fuel tank higher to resist the fuel from running back to the tank.

The whole thing works like putting your finger over the straw in a drink, and pulling the straw up and it holds the drink in the straw. Any little leak around your finger is going to let the drink come out of the straw, any little leak in the fuel system will let the fuel run back to the tank through the return line at the rear top of the engine.

Steve1986idi

Reaction score
I talked with r&d idi briefly he told me I had to remove the top of the pump it’s an o ring , iv never done this before but I am mechanically inclines and will give it a shot . No I don’t necessarily need the truck right now but it would be nice , I bought it to go to the mountains with my kids and I got a free 8 foot camper for the back we can sleep in while we are out , it’s basically going to be for being able to spend time with the kids taking them to the mountains teaching them how to hunt and fish and just do guy things all kids should learn nowadays. So just hoping it gets done sooner than later. But it leaks to bad to even drive

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem Steve, I try to help out veterans as best I can. Have you gotten my email from this morning? I sent you a scan of a stanadyne service manual that details what you will need to do to get it repaired.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never messed with the pump before, but I keep hearing about some little solenoid thing in there, that if it's not put back in correctly the engine will run away when you start it. Maybe one of these guys can elaborate on that and steer you in the right direction. Probably a good idea to get a thick piece of cardboard or something and cut it so it fits over the air intake just in case you need to stop the engine after the repair.

Steve1986idi

Reaction score
So just popped the cap off this thing it’s honestly like brain surgery in there I’m gonna have to take it in .. I don’t trust myself with this kinda project but did find this to be cracked when I pulled the top off . Not sure what it is?? Maybe why it smoked badly before

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found taking pics with the phone to look back on help a bunch and not letting the project sit to long helps too