Which injectors to buy??

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be needing a new injector so I might as well service the entire system. From what I can see at work, what Ford still offers are E and G injectors. From doing some reading G's are for turbo, correct?

FYI: This is the 86 I am working on currently.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For stock replacments, get new BB codes. The G's are not a performace injector, but, a emissions injector. Those injectors and the restrictive factory downpipe are believed to be the reason the Factory IDI turbo only made 5 more HP than the NA.

You can PM typ4 or Agnem for new, tested, and matched BB codes. If you want performance injectors, get Moose injectors from Mel (Agnem).;Sweet

Heath

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my thing about buying these are I can get them at cost, or in some cases cost -50%. What are E code injectors?? Worth buying ot not? I have one giving me a fit and I am going to remove it, disassemble and see if I can see the issue, then reassemble and see if it works, but I want a backup plan incase its a no-go.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
What would your total cost be on a set of E's?

The sets that Mel and Russ sell, are pressure matched, better injectors and they both sell install kits (I think , I am 100% Russ does)

I haven't dealt with Mel yet, but I will be this summer when I get my pump done up for my "new" spare motor. He's a smart guy and knows his trucks!!

I have dealt with Russ, and I would definitly deal with him again! In fact I will be this spring when I get new factory inkectors for my current truck.

I don't know much about G's and E's, but everyone generally agrees to use the BB injectors.

If you are getting a better deal at Ford, have them pressure matched with the cash you saved.

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it doesn't fully say which injectors they are... I am looking in the description and it says "Part maybe indentified with an E or G" Then I have another part that just says "Reman, pre- 3/92" Those I can get 8 of for $130 plus shipping and tax. Then for a 6.9 I have a different set listed "after 10/83" and I can get them for $45 a pop, they are reman.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't pay $130 for remans. I only paid $200 for a complete set of BB's new. Mine were not pressured matched though. If I was to do it again I would buy off russ or mel just for the sake I know they are equal popping pressure.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I'd love to put a set of Moose Misters in my brown truck, then I'd have the complete Moose injection system. But at the cost they are currently at I'd have to sell my kidney and my left nut to buy a set. (Gotta keep the right one or I've been told a guy would walk funny, I don't want to walk funny)

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get prices etc and onfo on injectors and pump. Pm me with some info tyank you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk