Which clutch for ZF5 DMF???

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks franklin, but I dont exactly want to go that cheap. I need this to be reliable for towing.

I will call ft. wayne again and see what they want. Nobody answered today.

I tow with mine, no problems yet. Doesn't seem to slip either. The noise can be a little aggravating sometimes though.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Lucky mod with the Auto zone cheapo clutch. You have to order the parts separately to get a clutch disk with springs in it, and it comes in at under $200. I installed mine about 25k miles ago and tow a pretty big 5er with my truck and it has worked great so far......but I agree that it is probably worth the extra $ to go with a clutch setup from Ft.Wayne. I put mine in when I was pouring alot of money into my truck and money was getting tight.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Well folks, I finally settled on this one. Couldn't beat the price and FWC threw in a kevlar pilot bushing at my request.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_832wt_937

They;re some really great folks. Just out of curiosity, when you called and asked about a Kevlar clutch, did you ask about a new one or a rebuilt kit. Last time I bought a 12 1/4" rebuilt kevlar clutch kit it was only around 325 shipped. Brand new ones are a bunch more, but I have no problem with rebuilt clutches when done properly and those folks do beautiful work, you couldn't tell them from a new one if you tried ( 30 years ago nobody was frivolous enough to buy new clutches unless they were racing, and then advertising took hold and all the sudden rebuilt clutches weren't good enough for anyone anymore and now there aren't many rebuilders left )

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He told me that they don't make kevlar ones for IDI's, and it would have to be a custom made clutch.