where to find a whole new GP wiring assy.?

OldiesF250

dedicated....
Reaction score
pretty much as the title says because most of the connectors on mine are dead and i only have about 4 out of 8 new plugs actually heating up.

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got one for my 88 from fordsparts.com. It cost about $160.00 plus shipping. This was a genuine Ford part and works excellent. The easiest way is to call thier toll free number and get the right part number and then put your order in over the computer.

akoldnav

dieselhappy

Reaction score
Hey akoldnav

Do you have that part number handy. I need a new cable set for my f350 it is an 88 as well.

Thanks in advance if you have it!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with f-two-fiddy. Alternator harnesses are no longer supplied by Ford, so junkyards are the only option. I planned to have mine rebuilt, but the shop half-a$$ed the job so I got a little creative on my own and will be redoing it CORRECTLY. All the connectors are available for order from parts stores (or you can find the catalogs and order them yourself), and the other parts are just normal supplies like heat shrink, electrical tape, and conduit.

Mike

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part number, name, and price for the glow plug wiring harness is:

FOTZ-9A451-A , WIRE ASSEMBLY GLOW PLUG , 155.62

I also thought about making my own wiring harness, but worried about corrosion being a problem where all the wires would be joined together. The one sent by fordparts.com looked like very good quality.

akoldnav