Where is it

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
sorry about such a redundant question but where is the article that explanes how to wire up the GP timer. I've looked everywhere. I read it once but I can't seem to find it now. The one that is on it was wired incorrectly and when you turn on the ign. sw. it clicks on and off about every half a second.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some bad glowplugs. What makes you think it is wired incorrectly, did someone splice some wires or try to put a homemade timer on it?

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
I disconnected the wires going to the GP's. Even with that undone it still made the clicking noise. (I thought that too) I'm just gonna hook it up to a button. I have all the stuff to do it. From what I remember looking at the article about doing it. The blue wire is the WTS light, Right? The rest is pretty much the same as a starting solinoid. (I think) Everything else gets taped up.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
Is it typical that a motor that has been sitting for an extended period take more effort to get spun up? I have put a new starter, charged up the batteries, cleaned all the cables. it is spinning over pretty fast now, but still doesn't get going. It is trying though. These motors do have hydraulic lifters, don't they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matjonbak

Staff online