Where do you guys get motorcraft antifreeze?

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jcfb said:
I haven't found the Motorcraft Premium Gold Antifreeze ANYWHERE!!! :mad: Where do you guys pick it up?

Seems like the Ford house oughta have it.

Why are you using that stuff? Is it just low-silicate green stuff badged as premium antifreeze? Seems to me that any low-silicate regular antifreeze would be just as good.

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
Seems like the Ford house oughta have it.

Why are you using that stuff? Is it just low-silicate green stuff badged as premium antifreeze? Seems to me that any low-silicate regular antifreeze would be just as good.

Motorcraft is a waste of money. Find good aftermarket sources for your stuff. Autolite plugs come to mind.... :D Yeah I know... you have a diesel. LOL but I needed to give an example ;Really

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the antifreeze that prevents cavitation, it is the additive VC-8. Maybe that's in that particular antifreeze already, but I just use the Ford Motorcraft Premium Coolant, which is the standard green stuff, and then I put the VC-8 in with it. (OK, actually I put in DCA-4, with a coolant filter, but I don't want to confuse anybody).

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:

I agree. I've been using Fleetrite Premium low silicate from International. The price is very reasonable. They also sell Fleetrite Fully-Formulated which has the SCA level pre charged.

http://129.33.208.24/MessageSendPrepare.asp?MessageID=40&Mode=archive

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Shell stations have some heavy duty antifreeze that says low-silicate right on the bottle. It doesnt have any SCAs, but its very compatible with VC-8.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
jcfb said:
I have to get me some of that. Where do I buy it?

At the bottom of my above link is an International dealer locater. I get it from them.