Where can I get this replacement filter

culver21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to replace this filter on my valve cover. I replaced the CDR since this picture but want to replace the other one on the vacate cover. Anyone have any idea what this filter is or where I can get a new one?

You must be registered for see images attach

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That called a CDR valve and you can get them on Amazon. It is not a filter. Just google CDR valve and go from there.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might of miss read your post is the shiny part in the valve cover what you are talking about? If so that is not a ford part, looks like a filter older Dodge 318 /360 used. Actually you could probably just gut that one , as the IDI does not use a filter there.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not factory, just eliminate it.
Someone has done some hackery on this . If a NA there should not be a hole in that valve cover and he would have to put back on the back of the intake where it belongs and seal up the hole. It would be nice to see a more complete picture of where it all goes to now.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone has done some hackery on this . If a NA there should not be a hole in that valve cover and he would have to put back on the back of the intake where it belongs and seal up the hole. It would be nice to see a more complete picture of where it all goes to now.

I noticed that. Some hackery for sure. Still don't need it, right?

culver21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had this truck very long and I’m discovering more and more hackery with this thing. Slowly just trying to get it all sorted out. I don’t know much about these trucks and this forum is full of knowledge. The truck was originally NA but the previous owner put a hypermax turbo kit on it.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kind of explains things. If things seem to be working right, its all hooked up , I would just gut it out so it is just an adaptor from the hose to valve cover.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had this truck very long and I’m discovering more and more hackery with this thing. Slowly just trying to get it all sorted out. I don’t know much about these trucks and this forum is full of knowledge. The truck was originally NA but the previous owner put a hypermax turbo kit on it.
This forum is full of good folks and a wealth of knowledge and experience. Does your truck still have the Hypermarket turbo?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

for people to further help you can you give us what year model your truck is lots of ladies n gents here willing to help and have set turbos in N/A motors, as well as this site has great vendors as well.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, if it works to keep oil out of the CDR, it's not a bad idea. Usually all of these trucks just end up with oil in the intake and through the turbo. It gets burned, though, with no issues.