Where can I find an engine stand??

87diesel4x4

Reaction score
I need to find an engine stand that will hold my 6.9 . I've bought three already from different places and all of em' crumble under the pressure of the engines weight. all three have been 1200lb rated. Thanks, Steve

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
How about weld two of the smaller ones together? Seriously. Are they actually crumpled, or did they just bow uncomfortably. If usable, marry them! Maybe add some extra support. If you go much above what you have you get into $$$ premade.
James

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You need a stand that can handle 2000 lbs. Even then the rear bolt pattern is just a little too small so you end up mounting it off center balance just a bit. Mine has 4 wheels under it and folds up for storage. I paid 75.00 new for it out here in So Ca.

87diesel4x4

Reaction score
I appreciate the advice, I guess I could take the better of the three and re-inforce the post. I'd just hate to bolt that big sucker up and it hit the floor....or worse. I just don't want to spend big bucks on a stand I might use once.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The engine weighs in around 1000 pounds, right? A 1200 pound stand should hold up so long as you don't bounce the thing too hard ( anthough it will flex enough to scare the pants off you , even a big block gasser can do that)

I have one of these critters : http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_334728_334728
I've had plenty of European automotive diesels on it, very little flex to it. I haven't had my IDI on it yet, but will in the next few months and don't forsee any problems. The engine stand part is rated for 1500. Those things are nice because being attached to the crane you can use it to turn the engine over when you need to rotate it without flipping the stand ( comes in real handy for an old cripple like me , I couldn't turn an engine without it anymore :D

---------Robert

tenlug

Reaction score
I've got the Harbor Frieght 2000 lb stand. Made some new arms and spacers for the head so I could drop the motor down because it was top heavy. Works good. It doesn't flex.The casters suck, lube them before you put a motor on it.Think the stand was about 80$. Steve