When do you throw in the towel?? 6.9 woes

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
so take a video of it running, and revving.
cold start it and hot start it in videos.

if need be, show a recent newspaper in the video....

if I was buying, that'd work for me.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
so take a video of it running, and revving.
cold start it and hot start it in videos.

if need be, show a recent newspaper in the video....

if I was buying, that'd work for me.

;Sweet great idea. Ashamed to say I didn't think of that. I still have a few projects lined up before the ole ford gets wrenched on. My trail rig needs alittle love, I have to finish the tube fenders on my toyhauler trailer, and my DD needs some lite maintence. Oh yea and I'm gutting/cleaning the shop to have the space to be able to tear the ole girl down and have her sit for aslong as neccessary to perform this swap to my liking.cookoo

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda on hold for the time being, till I get an offer on the 6.9. I hate to pull and it not let the new owner hear/see it run.

I was the same way.

I let about a hundred witnesses ride in and hear my old 6.9 start, run, rev, etc., and hesitated on pulling it until I had a buyer.

I had all kinds of big-eyed wishers, but no one with real cash money to hold under my nose.

I gave up and went ahead with the swap.

That was two-years-plus ago; and, the old 6.9 is STILL hanging on the chain-hoist that un-loaded it off the bed of my truck, with no more prospect of a new home than it had before.

SO, my advice is to yank that anemic dog as soon as possible and get that new life bolted in there, the sooner, the better.

After you once feel that surge of torque press you back into the seat-cushions, and realize you are going about four times as far on a gallon of fuel, you will take that old block to the scrap buyers with no regrets.

Here is the phone number of the ONLY place to get the engine mounts :

#480-325-6262 ask for Randy = Reliable Diesel

We are fixing to start a swap into an 88 F-450 as soon as a few minor details get ironed out.

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't take those old blocks to the scrap buyers, I'm sure there enough of us out here who would give ya the scrap metal price for any of those old blocks for spare heads, oil coolers, etc. Don't send em to get melted down.