What's this tractor worth?

DBogo

Reaction score
thats quite a few hours on that tractor and it looks like its been put through its paces

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My feelings exactly, although I thought if I could get it cheap.......

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Needs too much electrical work, for that opening price, let alone more. There is a reason that the key switch and fuse block are shot. Either they aren't properly protected from the elements, or there are serious electrical problems. If they aren't right, then what does the rest of the electrical look like?

Exhaust could be as simple as a gasket, or it could need a new manifold.

I wouldn't bid, unless I could go give it a once over, in person.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're right. It's the perfect size, HP and I don't need any implements.

He lives about 50 miles from me and sent me more pics.

I was thinking it was worth ~$5,000 in its' present condition. He says he wants ~$8,000 Bluebook say ~$10,000.

Ex. man is cracked & gasket is gone. He said the key switch has gone bad 3 times since he's owned it.

Think I'll pass.

Truckie

Reaction score
Passing may be the smart thing to do. It sounds like it is the start of a problem child, and those electric gremlins are a pain in the ***. keep checking out the truck trader and heave equipment trader, you should be able to find something a lot better there.

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Duke said:
I think you're right. It's the perfect size, HP and I don't need any implements.

I was thinking it was worth ~$5,000 in its' present condition. He says he wants ~$8,000 Bluebook say ~$10,000.

Ex. man is cracked & gasket is gone. He said the key switch has gone bad 3 times since he's owned it.

Think I'll pass.

Kubota is good for key switches going bad but they are indestructable little tractors. Dad has a L2950 and i put a pushbutton starter on it after 2 switches. It has 7800 hours on it and runs perfect. I wouldn't be to scared of it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're not against made in china stuff, I do have a source for extremely reasonablely priced tractors and maybe a local retailer if you are interested.

DirtFarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duke said:

Think I'll pass.

I think your $5K is about right. I bought a very clean 40hp Case/IH a few years ago with 1000 hrs for $5,500. But it is only 2WD. I've always heard that compact utility tractors are good for about 4000 hrs, plus or minus...

DirtFarmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here she is. Check out the front of the hood: "US AIR FORCE". She used to keep the grounds at an air force base that was closed. Bought her at auction. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• CASE.JPG
    CASE.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 10

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DirtFarmer,

Hey that's a nice looking piece ya got there!

Towcat,

Thanks for the offer!
I've seen all the different China tractors (Montana, etc.). I'm not convinced that they're a quality tractor. The prices are so low you just can't believe they could be any good.

DBogo

Reaction score
if you really wanted one them cheep tractors i think the indian built mahindura is better then any of them chinese tractors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron