whats going on why no idi guys

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
DM,

You have an extensive list of mods there, some of them would make EXCELLENT write-ups in THIS FORUM .

Of particular interest are the following,

Power Pedal Mod.
Boost Relief Valve.
Transgo shift kit.
Heater bypass.
HX mod.
$10 AIC.

I'll see what I can do... It may take me a while since it's tax season and our business gets nailed this first month... lots and lots of reports to prepare....

Some of them are real easy and I could probably even take pics to replicate what was done.. I am getting ready to do my BIL's valve body, but trying out a FTVB since they shipped me one for testing... I will definately take pics of it... For anyone with an auto the Transgo is well worth the doing... one of the best things I have done for my truck.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lemme know how the FTVB goes, I'd like to do that to mine.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Greg - FTVB maker, told me that they are way better than the Transgo... I kept telling him it would be hard to beat the Transgo so he sent me one ....

I will definately let everyone know... The way a shift kit changes the feel of the tranny is like a race car... I have said many times that if I had to choose between the shift kit and the Chip... I would be hard pressed to decide... It made that big of a difference.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Following The Lead!

I came over from TDS too! And I am very impressed with the feeling and reception that we have all gotten at arrival! I will definitely be here on a regular basis. Have really enjoyed it as of yet!
Hoss....:thanks:

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Good to hear from buddy! Sorry to hear of the Enterprise saga! Had gotten so busy with harvest thst I didn't know up until about a month ago! Hoss....:) :( :cool

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yeah I kinda figured you were aholes and elbows with harvest season. But that's good to hear! the more ya haul the more money ya make - nothing wrong with that.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... we do have a pretty good group... almost like family... and probably just like family for those who attend the IDI rallies.

We're a good bunch of folks... not too caught up in NEW trucks and their issues... just patchin' the old trucks. :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll agree with what has been said so far. I've got close to 13,000 posts on TDS, and I'm the second highest poster there, so I guess you could say I have an investment in that place, and feel partially responsible for helping make the basement a sucess for at least the 6 or so years I can remember being in there. However, some of the TDS-ism's are starting to creap into my territory, and I'm not likin' it much. I've currently got a big article submitted since late October or so, and there doesn't seem to be any urgency to getting it posted, or finding out if the articles editor is still alive, or what have you. We also are getting flack (currently unresolved) about linking off site to other forums which provide services that TDS does not, and that issue seems to have about as much priority as getting my article published, so I've got one foot in the boat and one on the shore right now. I may end up playing both sides of the fence until the balance of power changes and we see which way the tide swings. So, I'll bring a peace offering here to Oilburners, and say if you guys want my article, I'll submit it here. Maybe it will actually get read.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, things must be different round here!!!:D I just noticed turbo69 has the BOOB link in his sig!! I left if off my sig just in case - i didn't want to get :shoot: and :yell: at for having it. Man these little smiley's are addictive!!
Well I guess it's safe to go and edit my sig alittle! :cool

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
Yeah, things are pretty relaxed here.

I posted in the comments and suggestions forums about it just to make sure.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Good to see ya Mel. Whenever I figure out the sig part of this board I'll be posting some IDI Weekend stuff here. GRuss

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Agnem
So, I'll bring a peace offering here to Oilburners, and say if you guys want my article, I'll submit it here. Maybe it will actually get read.

Mel,

We dont have a tech article section as of yet, but for the time being if you would like, start a thread and title it to reflect the content of the article. I will stick it to the top of the IDI forum here and upon your decision I can leave it open for comment or can lock the thread so no comments can be added. Hows that?

I'm working on ideas here for some different sections to the site other than just a forum. An articles section is one of the areas I think would be beneficial.

Mike

on edit;

We do have a forum dedicated to DIY projects and Tech articles, but with that said understand that it is a forum and has the same format as any other forum, threads can be started and topics replied to. Threads dont have to be approved by our staff no different than any other thread started in any forum, so I did want to clarify that issue. TDS has the article section where it is more like a published report and its a read only. Now then, if you wish this to be a read only I can still let you post it and close the thread so it is a read thread.

:sorry: didnt intend to mislead you by saying we dont have an article section on the site, its just different than TDS's article section.

Mike

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online