What's a good aftermarket gauge cluster?

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
I might be way off base here, but something to investigate further - do Bricknose and OBS era trucks utilize the same instrument cluster setup? I seem to recall they may be interchangeable, but it's been so long since I've had an OBS I can't remember what it looked like.

That might explain why there's "no" bricknose instrument clusters too - they're all marketed as OBS as those seem to be the more popular out of the two generations.
That is a good point. I am not sure off the top of my head, but I think at least the electrical connectors are different.

Rock

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
For the gauges themselves you might look at Hewitt Industries. According to their website The company started in 1955, making gauges in the USA, and still make everything right here. They claim to be the originators of EGT gauges. Their thermocouples have a lifetime warranty.
They do seem to be the best bang per $. And very few complaints that I could find.
I’m running them in my sig IH 4900, and will have them in my OBS when it’s ready to roll. I bought a glow shift column pod for housing them.
I like their classic look- I feel like I’m driving a machine, not playing a video game.
I gave them a quick check, they appear to be well made, and I prefer the classic look as well. I will definetly be looking into them further. Thanks

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Dakota Digital is a big name in the automotive aftermarket for gauges. I feel that their products are pretty top notch. Unfortunately, I'm too cheap to ever get to try them out for myself.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the after market gauge clusters to be very lacking on anything extra, I don’t want to pay over a 1k for the same gauges as factory but more accurate so I started designing my own.

I’m not a graphics designer by any means so it’s fairly basic but I think it will do for what I need right now and I can making a lot of screens (or pages) on this one display.

still a work in progress.
You must be registered for see images attach

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the after market gauge clusters to be very lacking on anything extra, I don’t want to pay over a 1k for the same gauges as factory but more accurate so I started designing my own.

I’m not a graphics designer by any means so it’s fairly basic but I think it will do for what I need right now and I can making a lot of screens (or pages) on this one display.

You must be registered for see images attach
Do you have a build thread? That is awesome

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a build thread? That is awesome

I don’t have a build thread but I could start one, if someone wanted to help out with some graphic design or anything else I would definitely start a thread and it would be all open source for anyone to make.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

76d3ed85-e9be-4493-8667-4b80c631cbb3-jpeg.134311

I don’t have a build thread but I could start one, if someone wanted to help out with some graphic design or anything else I would definitely start a thread and it would be all open source for anyone to make.

I do need to revive this thread and was thinking a little different for a aux gauges where was just a 6 horizontal bar graph, you have my permission to beat this dead horse.

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/ardunio-madness.69909/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online