433mhz rf transceiver
k type amp

You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...now to get a fuel flow sending unit and trans/diff temps, air temp and barometric pressure. Add in a circuit to control engine idle down time for turbo owners...that shuts off engine after say 3 FOR eg minutes...

Watching this one I am

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a similar build to run a wvo controller that is fully automated based on engine temp. I would also like to integrate a pyrometer if possible. Could you expand a bit in your coolant and oil sensors. How do they interface with the arduino. Do they require a thermocouple input?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for sensor with resistance to ground youd use something like this to a analog input, the egt one is the specal one that need something to amplify the signal

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baro can be read from the map sensor before the engine is started ( thats how its done on most gassers)

Id recomend a two wire temp probe to prevent ground loops in your signal return, easiest thing would be run one dedicated ground for iat, ect, oil temp, oil pressure, map, coolant level (if used) trans temp, ect..

I have most of this stuff including a k type ampiflier to spi for egt, just need to learn how to program it.

You could also tie the high idle and cold timing advance into it and make it programable.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Subscribed. Could be a clean way to avoid gauges hanging all over the place. I've thought about frankensteining my old truck with some modern tech. The only downside is having it clutter up the simplicity of the IDI. I like elegant engineering though. I want to see what you come up with. ;Sweet

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand...we have no engine comp no map sensor and thus not sure whatchutalkinboutwillis

As has been said op has map sensor lusted in parts, when you first turn on the power to a map senor with no vacuum or boost, the value return is atmosphere (baro), for example on gas engines as soon as the key is turned to run the pcm reads the map sensor to get the baro reading before the engine is cranked over, as soon as the engine starts cranking its now a map signal, the pcm can also get baro reading at wot as there should be no resistance in the induction system ( in theory no resistance in practice theres always some).

To op, if you add a throttle position sensor to the mix you can also get it show engine load.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you used an absolute pressure gauge for your boost gauge instead of a relative pressure, it could serve dual duty. Just subtract atmospheric from the boosted reading to give relative pressure.

Unless you are doing something like driving a smoke puff limiter off a servo, I'm not sure what use the barometric pressure would be. I can't really think of any other way to adjust the fuel on the fly. I'm tired but I don't think adjusting the waste gate(supposing you had one) would help. You would make less boost pressure at altitude because the turbo is just a pump that will raise the pressure relative to atmospheric based on rpm. I think my logic is sound there.

Edited: Stupid autocorrect
Edited again: stupid tired user.

Last edited:

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is more stuff
1x jp serial
1x 433mhz transceiver
1x 433mhz remote
1x k-type amp
2x 4ch relays brake outs 10a
1x prototype board

relays are going to control
-gp relay
-starter relay (remote start is the name of the game)
-ignition relay (fuel pump an fuel cut off solenoid)
-cold advance/idle solenoid's
-acc relay
-unlock
-lock
-an unknown

am trying to figure wire codes so i can start playing with this, this what i got to work with
a=ERM240128-2 b=jp serial
a:b 1-21 fg:vss gnd:vss vdd:vdd vo:vo /wr:e /rd:r/w /ce:ce rst:rst d0:d0 d1:d1 d2:d2 d3:d3 d4:d4 d5:d5 d6:d6 d7:d7 fs1:fs vee:vee leda:led+ ledk:...

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how you intend to make the remote start work. Cycle the plugs then run the starter long enough to get ignition...

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes run gp for set time based on coolent temp, then run start till rpm is 650+ or 10s witch ever come first, if failed will try again for a set of 3 trys