What would this be called and any suggestions about getting it off or replacing?

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/32 is .0938", whereas 2.5 mm is .0984" so if it's really a 3/32 hex, it's not surprising that you had to tap it in. A tighter fit is safer for not rounding it out though, especially if you aren't planning to reuse the screw.

Suleiman Saadeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one more question about this for yall. Am I to assume I'm supposed to just take this bar out and replace with screws or is there something I'm missing because my IP I'm replacing had screws and not this

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I got one more question about this for yall. Am I to assume I'm supposed to just take this bar out and replace with screws or is there something I'm missing because my IP I'm replacing had screws and not this

That's the pin that I mentioned. Put the screws back into the same holes they came out of. I think they align with the holes for this pin.

Suleiman Saadeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke the tip off what I believe to be the screw that went in the hole. Think autozone might carry something like this?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
They may. It wouldn't hurt to check. I'll bet you're right about the screw locations. Just make sure that you put this piece back exactly how it came off. If you don't, I doubt that you could get the FIPL back into specs and your transmission won't shift right.

Suleiman Saadeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may. It wouldn't hurt to check. I'll bet you're right about the screw locations. Just make sure that you put this piece back exactly how it came off. If you don't, I doubt that you could get the FIPL back into specs and your transmission won't shift right.

Yeah that's what I was so worried about. I think I got it lined up right. I looked up some pics even though I didnt get much. I lined up the hole with the screw with the broke off pin. And the sensor brackets lined up with the screws from the impression on the brackets from the washers from when it was screwed on the old one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86