What would cause my door solenoid to seize?

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger door lock, I've replaced it twice in the 3 years I've owned my truck. It seizes up and refuses to budge. It was on the fritz a few weeks ago (power lock switch pressed, then it struggles to move). Today I opened it by hand, and it took my key outside my door AND my hand on the lock switch inside the truck to get is just barely into the locking position. It was so incredibly stiff. Anyone else experience this problem, or know what could be causing it? My only guess could be maybe a water leak into the door dripping onto it or something, but that's pure speculation.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well thats exactly what kills these small electric motors. When you replace them do you have the rubber bellows between the motor body and the linkage line. If not this is why the freeze up.... Expensive too.. I know.... I have replaced all of mine a few times...

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thats exactly what kills these small electric motors. When you replace them do you have the rubber bellows between the motor body and the linkage line. If not this is why the freeze up.... Expensive too.. I know.... I have replaced all of mine a few times...

Yeah definitely. The only reason I think it's water is because I'm prett ysure on the last one I replaced there was rust on the metal! Man, now I have to find a leak...

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah definitely. The only reason I think it's water is because I'm prett ysure on the last one I replaced there was rust on the metal! Man, now I have to find a leak...

LMC has sets of window seals... are rubber seals brittle and cracked?

Possible spot of leak.

They take less than 15 minutes to r/r inner/outers on both doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online