What is this part called??? Oil pressure sender port crack.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing as you, but I just went down to the hardware store and bought a brass t and nipple, took the compression fitting out of the cast piece and screwed it all together......worked great. Your turbo should be threaded under that stupid cast adapter, at least mine was.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one for him, I would blame the crack on some other owner and you just opened it up a little.LOL

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing as you, but I just went down to the hardware store and bought a brass t and nipple, took the compression fitting out of the cast piece and screwed it all together......worked great. Your turbo should be threaded under that stupid cast adapter, at least mine was.

I actually thought about that! The problem with mine though is that it wasn't threaded in there and I don't have even a remotely good tap that size... One of these days I'll invest in a GOOD tap and die kit cuz I just have a couple bits and pieces.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one for him, I would blame the crack on some other owner and you just opened it up a little.LOL

Hahaha I like the way you think! I honestly think that this happened cuz I did it with the truck at or maybe even slightly above normal operating temp... It must have made the cast softer being warm... But until I can get that new part from you I'm just gonna be babying her and keeping the boost low. Its not leaking as of now but I don't wanna push it. Disimilar metals don't typically make for the strongest welds lol.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Let me rephrase that as it was different in my head lol. Basically I'm gonna try and keep the oil pressure low, and with that my boost will be low. I didn't do a good job getting the thought from my head to my fingers lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well if it gets fairly cool in the mornings, cold oil will have a higher pressure so to speak.
So if it gets cold, maybe use the block heater. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. I'm in south Texas in August so it ain't gonna get too cold... But maybe a slightly longer warm-up than normal before taking off?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt I guess, but I would say, if it's gonna leak, it's gonna leak. Lol not too much you'll be able to do about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with jasper. Cast iron either holds, or breaks. Babying it probably won't make any difference.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya. So far it's held up fine. Leaking a little bit... But manageable until I get the new part. The good news is its leaking from and old fitting and not the welded part! When Russ sends me the part it comes with new fittings so should clear that up. Probably gonna stuff a rag under it for now to catch the oil instead of it going all over the place.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I'll try and pick some up. When it leaked BIG before I realized it was cracked, it pooled in the area behind the motor that's below the top of the motor and comes out a bit...... Can't think oft he stupid name right now of that spot...