What is the fastest idi truck

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
My 1985 F250 with a 7.3 and 3.55 gears certainly isn't the fastest, but it's far from the slowest either. I have no idea how fast it will go. That fastest that I can remember driving it is somewhere around 88 or 89. That's fast enough to get me a ticket so it's fast enough for me.:Thumbs Up

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can easily bury my Speedo, now I want to see. Maybe I can cross over Wilkerson pass into south park, there is a forever stretch of straight wide open road.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Well ALL you guys can talk about being the fastest, but I can say with proven fact that I'm the fastest!!!! For a fact!!!
That trooper pulled me outt'a the pack & wrote me up. Asked him how come me & not some those others. He said that I was the biggest & his laser picked me out!

Then he said "actually I jumped out in the crowd, turned on red & blues, & YOU was only one that pulled over!!" LOL LOL LOL

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
See what you get for doing the right thing? LOL

Yeah I also found out I'm a PROFESSIONAL!
Out here in Or. you usually can take "Diversion Class" once every 3 yrs & keep it off 'ya record. I called in, requested Diversion. Lady said I couldn't. Asked why? She said cause I had a CDL. I said "well I was in my personal vehicle." She said really kind'a snotty like "well with a CDL that makes you a professional, you supposed to know better anyway! Pay up!"

Sooooo, I can say for a proven fact, I am professionally the fastest! (Think I may still frame & hang on the wall that trophy as proof!) LOL LOL

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
My boss built a 6.9 pull truck with 2600hp. Asked him how and only responded “work and 4 turbos.” Lips are sealed on the rest. Not street legal however but still awesome.

Ummm.... pics or it didn’t happen... Did it run once and then explode into a million pieces?

I have a hard time believing these engines could produce 14x power over stock without basically just being a completely different engine.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too sure who that is. But I did get some info before he hopped on a flight, I will have him clarify again if it’s a 6.9 or 7.3:
-16 Injectors on a Bosch mechanical pump running 2000 psi
-Ceramic Coated billet pistons
-4340 Chromoly connecting rods
-160 lbs of boost
-Stock crank
-aftermarket cams (not sure)
-Custom bottom end girdle
-glow plug holes plugged, 2 cans of ether to start
-normal pump diesel with a smidge of biodiesel
-143 inch wheelbase and a load of reinforcing

Here is a link to my boss’s old truck, he built the engine in his shop. Made 1900 hp N/A.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online