What is it

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats because your tracters don't have vacuum powered brakes or a need for vacuum powered ac and heater doors under the dash.... Or vacuum to run the cruise control.... If you convert over to hydroboost brakes you wont need the vacuum for them and... You will double your braking pressure in the hydraulic lines to each wheel... That right there is a big plus for most....

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 24 ft enclosed car trailer that I haul the Vettes and Austin Healeys in and hydroboost would help the brake controller stop the whole mess. But stock or hydroboost once the wheels are locked up why does it matter. Other than less pedal pressure what benefit is it. And if it ever got that bad I would be so scared the brake pedal would be through the firewall by then.

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
I have a 24 ft enclosed car trailer that I haul the Vettes and Austin Healeys in and hydroboost would help the brake controller stop the whole mess. But stock or hydroboost once the wheels are locked up why does it matter. Other than less pedal pressure what benefit is it. And if it ever got that bad I would be so scared the brake pedal would be through the firewall by then.

If you have abs your wheels shouldn't be locking up anyways.

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true, does a 90 F 250 have antilock I have only had this truck a couple of weeks and I bought it to replace my 06 f-250 6 liter piece of junk

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '88 had ABS on the rear. Not the front. Don't know if it was standard in 88. Just got this '87 and haven't really checked it.