What else do you drive?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine are in my signature.... My daily driver is the 11 Regular Cab F-150, and Momma's is the 11 SuperCrew F-150.....

The "Hot Rod" as my son's friends call it is my 03 6.0 Excursion.... it's not a DD anymore, but isn't going anywhere.......

We have always been a Ford family..... LOL.... Dad has an 08 Fusion and a 16 SuperCrew.......

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I also have a 1981 F150 and a 1993 Kawasaki ZX11. The Kawi will someday be replaced by a 1983 Honda GL1100 Goldwing if I can ever sort out all of the small issues that I keep finding.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like that titan. Those engines are pretty awesome.

I'm at 18k miles. So far so good. It pulls my 30ft 5th wheel perfectly. Mileage would be great except for regens. Still pulls 19+ easily. Just a really nice driving, comfortable truck. The drivetrain is stout for the truck capacity.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than my idi, I drive a 1993 dodge one ton 12 valve, an 2001 dodge 2500 24 valve, and a 2012 dodge 3500 6.7. The dodges didn’t pretty good for towing, but my idi is still my favorite by far.

But, as is probably obvious, to drive trucks and not much else :joker:

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhere along the line I got into 2.5L turbo 5 cylinder Volvos... with slushboxes(ewwww).

Family car: 2005 XC90 AWD 130k
DD: 2006 S40 AWD

Currently doing and engine replacement on my brother's 2006 S40 AWD 5-speed. Which is what made me find my own S40.
While we do that he's driving our former DD, 2000 Corolla with over 250k. Drinks oil but otherwise is a ridiculously well-made vehicle.

For work I drive class-B paper shredding trucks. Any one of the 6 we own. Sadly only one is a stick! But I can't complain about the Allison 3500's in these things. They are great transmissions.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 92 IDI was my daily driver for 7 years, but my commute was only 1.5 miles one way every day. This February I bought a 2012 VW Passat TDI, with the intention of road tripping everywhere since 40-45 MPG lets you get ANYWHERE cheap. Then in May I moved away and my daily commute became 130 miles round trip, 6-7 days a week, so the VW is my current daily driver now. I drive the IDI when i spend the night at my moms house close to work, i miss it, but i just cant afford to commute in it.

The VW may have no soul, it's the worst color (silver), and it has a throttle that takes 3-5 business days to phone the German Prime Minister for permission to accelerate anytime you try and gun it... but getting a consistent 40 MPG, 600-650 miles for less than $40... it's hard to complain. And unlike the NA IDI, while it's not fast at all, it has zero problems charging up any grade at any speed. We all know how much NA IDI's love hills LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 92 IDI was my daily driver for 7 years, but my commute was only 1.5 miles one way every day. This February I bought a 2012 VW Passat TDI, with the intention of road tripping everywhere since 40-45 MPG lets you get ANYWHERE cheap. Then in May I moved away and my daily commute became 130 miles round trip, 6-7 days a week, so the VW is my current daily driver now. I drive the IDI when i spend the night at my moms house close to work, i miss it, but i just cant afford to commute in it.

The VW may have no soul, it's the worst color (silver), and it has a throttle that takes 3-5 business days to phone the German Prime Minister for permission to accelerate anytime you try and gun it... but getting a consistent 40 MPG, 600-650 miles for less than $40... it's hard to complain. And unlike the NA IDI, while it's not fast at all, it has zero problems charging up any grade at any speed. We all know how much NA IDI's love hills LOL
I would absolutely love to get my hands on a tdi VW. If only I had some money

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing exciting... a 2010 expedition with the 5.4. Sucks down the gas but with prices in the 1.85 range I don't mind. Before that I had a loaded 2018 Toyota highlander, the first and only car I ever bought new. I had planned on keeping it a long time but I put 40,000 miles on it in 1.5 years and couldn't stand the thought of losing so much money on a car, so I sold it back to the dealer while it was still worth something.

I paid 10k for the expedition with 100k miles and I think I can sell it for around 5k in 3 years when it has 200k miles. (i'm at 120k now in less than a year of owning it). That will probably be my plan going forward with the daily drivers... most cars lose a lot of value after 100,000 miles but will usually make it to 200k without any major issues.

I did add one of those compact subs under the rear seat and replaced all of the speakers and head unit with some good stuff so at least I can crank it up.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have several vehicles...but the drive able ones that aren't an idi are below.

Commuter car is my 2017 Ford Fiesta that i purchased new (started driving it jan. 2018). I like the car, but for being 2.5 years old it has had its fair share of warranty work (its actually in the shop right now). But i do love that little 1.0 ecoboost.

Backup vehicle that i thought i wouldn't need anymore by buying a new vehicle is my 1994 ford explorer, just rolled over 256k on it. Its very tired and has no business being my commuter vehicle but it refuses to completely die.

Last edited:

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhere along the line I got into 2.5L turbo 5 cylinder Volvos... with slushboxes(ewwww).

Family car: 2005 XC90 AWD 130k
DD: 2006 S40 AWD

Currently doing and engine replacement on my brother's 2006 S40 AWD 5-speed. Which is what made me find my own S40.
While we do that he's driving our former DD, 2000 Corolla with over 250k. Drinks oil but otherwise is a ridiculously well-made vehicle.

For work I drive class-B paper shredding trucks. Any one of the 6 we own. Sadly only one is a stick! But I can't complain about the Allison 3500's in these things. They are great transmissions.

Does that corolla have the same valve stem issues as the Rav4s(and other cars) did with the 1az-fe? My Rav4 was using something like half a quart a tank before I changed out the valve stems seals and now it uses less that that per oil fill. The stem seals were worn to the point I probably could have fit a second valve in there. My Corolla with the 7a-fe probably needs that too, but I got enough of the oil loss under control when I change out the valve cover gasket and the distributor seal.

Cainon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has a 98 4runner that we recently started modifying. My daily is actually my idi. I still have the Miata and BMW. But I pulled them to the wood line with the idi bc we decided we liked our trucks better

groovemonster

Reaction score
My DD is my 86 F250. I have been driving it for almost 4 years now. It's clean and straight and runs excellent so I'm hoping to keep it as my DD for as long as possible.
Can't fit all my kids in the IDI THOUGH, So my wife has a 13 Durango. It's a plain Jane AWD but it's a good grocery-getter