What does this rim fit?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st picture... This is the OEM rim from my '88 E350. It fits on my '93 E350 just perfect....just like the factory designed it to.

You must be registered for see images attach

2nd picture.... This rim came with my '93 E350. It's the spare, however, I do not believe it is original to the truck (it has an ID number written on it that looks like it was put there by a junkyard for identification purposes). I learned the other day that it does not fit. The center hole is too small and wont fit on the hub. The bolt holes did fit over the studs but being pressed for time, I did not go to great lengths to see if the bolt pattern was a perfect match....it could have been "close" but not exactly right.....like I said, I didn't really get into it because of lack of time. It didn't fit over the hub so I rolled it aside and got done what I had to do. It is clearly stamped "Ford". Notice how this rim has a lip or rolled flange on the center hole and the '88 rim above does not. What is the correct application for this rim?

You must be registered for see images attach

FYI...both rims are 16" x 6".

Thanks for the info.

You aren't showing enough of the rim in the picture to make a definite identification.

If the tire-bead portion is super-thick with a heavy rolled lip, then it is a POST 2-piece/split-rim wheel of mid- to late-70s vintage when all SRW 8-lug Fords had Dana-60s.

If it does have the extra-heavy-duty bead-seats, then it is the strongest style wheel ever available on a Ford --- or any 8-lug vehicle for that matter --- and those wheels are highly sought out for use on heavy goose-neck trailers.

The extra-heavy-duty wheels were made by and stamped "Firestone Wheel and Rim"

Some of the vans and all of the semi-floating rears had a wheel that looks much like that one pictured and those rims had a much thinner lighter-duty lip.

Just about everything Ford earlier than about 1975 is going to be 2-piece/split-rim.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a 5-digit model number stamped on the wheel - ignore the "Ford" logo and look for one that says "Accuride" or "Firestone" instead, the model number will be right next to it. You can use this number to identify the wheel you have - for instance of the 8 dually wheels I have for my IDI (6 rolling, 2 spares) 7 are Accurides and 1 is Firestone, the Firestone one is identical to 6 of the Accurides, but one Accuride is actually different from the others in that it is for a 4x4 dually Ford and so has more offset built into its hub - I can tell all that by the wheels model numbers.

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a D60/70 wheel...the sterling has a larger hub diameter...

U can use it for spare..just on front if your not a 4x...LOL

Well, technically you can use it on the front but it gets pretty wobbly after about twenty miles.

I won't be using it again.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
What size is the axle hole? My guess was early Ford until you said it had a '92 part number.

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stamped on the rim...

"2915 Accuride" Also "F3TA-1015-MA"

I did a little google'ing......didn't find anything using the Accuride number. With the Ford number, I found a thread on a different forum that said it fit 1993 - 96 F250. Since it only said F250, I'm assuming a light duty F250 with a semi-floating 10 1/4". I'm assuming this because heavy duty F250's and F350's use the same rims.

If anybody has any other information, I'd still welcome it. Thanks.