What does this rim fit?

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st picture... This is the OEM rim from my '88 E350. It fits on my '93 E350 just perfect....just like the factory designed it to.

You must be registered for see images attach

2nd picture.... This rim came with my '93 E350. It's the spare, however, I do not believe it is original to the truck (it has an ID number written on it that looks like it was put there by a junkyard for identification purposes). I learned the other day that it does not fit. The center hole is too small and wont fit on the hub. The bolt holes did fit over the studs but being pressed for time, I did not go to great lengths to see if the bolt pattern was a perfect match....it could have been "close" but not exactly right.....like I said, I didn't really get into it because of lack of time. It didn't fit over the hub so I rolled it aside and got done what I had to do. It is clearly stamped "Ford". Notice how this rim has a lip or rolled flange on the center hole and the '88 rim above does not. What is the correct application for this rim?

You must be registered for see images attach

FYI...both rims are 16" x 6".

Thanks for the info.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
More than likely its a Chebby rim. Ford and Dodge had the same hub clearances so they interchange, Gm's center is smaller. You can put Ford and Dodge rims on a Chebby but a Chebby rim won't play well with others.

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the make different rims for semi floaters?

Hey, that's a good guess! I never thought about that but Ford did make 10 1/4" semifloaters....could be from that.

turbo elk.....If I remember correctly, it's got a 1992 part number stamped on it. I'll have to double check that.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a D60/70 wheel...the sterling has a larger hub diameter...

U can use it for spare..just on front if your not a 4x...LOL

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did Ford switch the F series to a 8 on 170 mm bolt pattern? Is this a 8 on 170 mm F series rim? I don't think so because 170 mm = 6.69". And a 6.69" bolt pattern would not have slipped onto the 6.5" stud pattern.

Last edited: