What do you guys think, is it an IDI

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So I saw this on another site, and I figured I would pass it along to you guys. First off the guy on the other site says it is a 7.3 IDI thats making close to 1500hp. I cant really tell from the pics if its an IDI or not, kinda looks like it to me looking at were the injector lines go to, but I'm not sure. So I thought I would ask you guys if this is the real deal. They call it the "super stroke" .I'll show you the picture of the injector lines, but make sure to look through all of the pictures.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2776498390089319918XqhJuX

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
Looks like the IP from a 3208T Clatterpillar. As for it being an IDI, I think that it would be pretty hard to get 1500HP out of one with out modifying the heads to DI:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It just may be an idi with highly modified psd heads on it. I see 2 turbos in tandom. Also I see all the exhaust have a pyro probe in them going to aome sort of a collector terminal block.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injectors are too close together to be going into each cylinder....

If it's an International block you would think it would be a PSD block, they are a lot stronger than the IDI blocks.

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
on second look it does look like a modified PSD head, and the injector lines go thru the valve cover

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looking at this motor makes me think its really a highly modified psd that just might be running mechanical injectors but I sure would like to see whats under the neat looking valve covers.. The 1500 ponys sounds really tuff. I see its running a standard trans and not an auto... I wonder why....:D Look real close at the front inside of the drivers side head.... Its a powerstroke head... See the high pressure oil passage plug. I bet its not being used but sure nuff its a psd probably running mechanical injection and injectors..... Boys and their toys....

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Looks like it might be 1500 HP... with that jet engine on the front and all...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, It's not an IDI.

It's a 7.3 Powerstroke that has been modified to get rid of the HEUI injection system which is prolly the biggest factor limiting HP on them.

Bosch inline pump was mounted in place of the HPOP. Give them an A+ for re-engineering it to go head to head with the Cummins in the modified classes.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's some excellent engineering going on in both examples! Somebody has a lot of time and money to play with. I see on the super stroke, they even put a pyrometer on every cylinder. One must wonder how many attempts were made to get all the bugs worked out. I'd say in essence, this would have been the natural evolution of our engines, had the computer not been implimented.