What do you guys think, is it an IDI

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Farkin cool eh?. ;Sweet :love:

Yep, the P7100 pump can be a real gem or a real P.O.S depending if you get a good one or a bad one....And talk about expensive to mod or repair.....Bosch pump parts are insane in price. We just had a P pump on an 8.3 Cummins go bad on #4, they tore it down, replaced the guts of #4, reassembled it and bench tested it....$1000cdn.....Yikes....I could get a reman 7.3IP for 1/2 that from my local International dealer. I don't know how the dodge boys afford the P or VP44 pumps when they go TU...:eek:

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
I would take the P7100 over the Cat pump. although a drunken monkey could rebuild a cat pump i cant figure how you could get that much fuel out of it

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I was referring to the P7100 in the photos. Did they remachine it to have 8 lines?

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I was referring to the P7100 in the photos. Did they remachine it to have 8 lines?

Look at the pump on an internatinal 9L, or a Mercedes Benz V8, MAN V8, they use the 8 cyl variant of the P7100. I don't know the exact numbers tho. The first engine has the cat V-pump, the inline is the bosch

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok, so I was watching the vietos of these trucks pulling and I have a question. Why do they sound like they are runningout of fuel till they very slowly run up the rpms. It looks like this stroke "sees" differant types of fuel added at programed times while its reving up.

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lope at idle is mainly because the IP is pushing so much fuel that the govenor is unable to maintain smooth control. To little fuel=die, To much fuel =exessive revs. The FIPL controls the governer and the governer controls the amount of fuel to be injected.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That, and I wouldn't doubt there's some very, very agressively advanced timing for high rpm going on, so it's out to lunch at low rpms, possibly combined with a cam.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya that thing sounds sick, wish a near stock PSD could sound that good

straight big rig sound

ya the
Cummins pump parts are expensive, my buddy has an old 12v, says it cost like 1500 bucks to do a p pump and upgraded injectors, i was like what!?

not even close to an upgraded pump an injectors on an idi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin