What chips and such are you guys running on your 7.3's

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
using TS flip chip. Dyno'ed in August before the ball bearing turbo and with my slippin tranny 322 HP 671 TQ

Max Power

Reaction score
I've only ever used the BD power chips. X power. I have a programmer for them though. :D

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by morepower02
using TS flip chip. Dyno'ed in August before the ball bearing turbo and with my slippin tranny 322 HP 671 TQ

You slipped a tranny at 322??? Ouch factor exaust and air filter I dynoed 312...:eek:

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the tranny is geting worse, sometimes she revs and does not pull to hard. On the dyno the truck only put out 15 pounds of boost, it will hit 32-33 on the road. Goes pretty good in the extreme setting! I think it would have dyno'd a little higher but the rollers were light and it did not make much boost.:mad:

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah in the extreme setting running 0-100 mph floored the EGT would run around 1450 with the stock turbo and wicked wheel. With the BB turbo I max out at 1200, time for more fuel! maybe a BTS tranny would go good with forged rods and injectors!:D :love:

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
Originally posted by morepower02
Yeah in the extreme setting running 0-100 mph floored the EGT would run around 1450 with the stock turbo and wicked wheel. With the BB turbo I max out at 1200, time for more fuel! maybe a BTS tranny would go good with forged rods and injectors!:D :love:

Does the Wicked wheel take care of your turbo lag??? I've been thinking about putting one on ..just haven't done it yet..was the install hard??

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Superchips Micro Tuner & TYMAR air intake system, shimmed fuel regulator, stock downpipe & exhaust (for now) and no gauges:eek: LOL

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Banks for now:( but soon to be Bills chip and Baby Swamps :smoke:

Hey TP, any regrets on the straight exh? I'm guttin' the cat and loosing the muffler even tho it was part of the Stinger syst.

Already have the round DP, 3.5 pipe to 4 tail to a 5" tip:D
Boozt and stack temp on the pillar:cool

This chip **** is new to me ....Had a '93 SC and a '90 std IDI's that each went over 300kmi:moon:

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wideopen
Does the Wicked wheel take care of your turbo lag??? I've been thinking about putting one on ..just haven't done it yet..was the install hard??

IMHO I think it helped the EGT a little and might have spooled a little faster. For the install I did not remove the turbo. just the air intake. Then I seperated the turbo housing while on the truck and spun the wheel off with a impact wrench:rolleyes: I know they say not to but it worked for me and alot of others. Total time around 2 hours.

If you dont care about spending some $$ the BB turbo made a world of difference and the sound is:smoke:

woodsrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought my da a bullydog programmer for christmas made one hell of a diff in the powersludge. told him about another 50 ponies he would have a dodge:moon: :moon:

woodsrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by woodsrat
bought my da a bullydog programmer for christmas made one hell of a diff in the powersludge. told him about another 50 ponies he would have a dodge:moon: :moon:

worng info the programmer i got him was a diaoblo sport, the bullydog was for another truck.