Well its official i made the move, Im a WMO burner

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
well its official i made the move, Im a WMO burner

i just been running a 50/50 mix of oil and diesel. I seem to improve on MPG and a hint of more power

i have been doing batches of 120 L my friend gives me oil from his shop in 60L barrels

So when it comes to fill up i just wheel out my cart and plug it in the tank (all quick connects) with diesel and oil mixed turn the ball valve and fill up. I also have a hose that i can connect and turn the ball valve off so i can pump from a barel of oil with the fill-rite

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Thx. I have 2 large racore FBO filters I'm thinking of mounting under the bed and having a completly idapendent system for looong drives

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
So that there pump just shoves the mixture through some special filters and right into your tank? Any other modifications to the fuel system to make this work? What does it cost to set something up like you've got??

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
na the filter cart has its own pump so it sucks from the tidy tank and fills the truck tank. I do run the fuel threw the tranny cooler in the rad to help with pre heat but i dont think it works all that well, It takes along time to heat all that water on the rad and the bottom stays fairly cool. not sure on the cost because i got pretty much everything for free from a company that went out of bizz

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
na the filter cart has its own pump so it sucks from the tidy tank and fills the truck tank. I do run the fuel threw the tranny cooler in the rad to help with pre heat but i dont think it works all that well, It takes along time to heat all that water on the rad and the bottom stays fairly cool. not sure on the cost because i got pretty much everything for free from a company that went out of bizz

I would think every degree in fuel temp helps though.

Last edited:

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ENJOY!!

oh..and you ARE getting better MPG...theres more BTU's in the waste oil than the USLD your normaly running on...and the engine runs quieter and the IP loves the extra lubrication!!:sly

get ya a couple gal of waste veg oil and you'll get to enjoy a TASTY smelling exhaust...just a couple gal makes all the diffrence in the smoke..;Sweet

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I'l like to see a close up of the cart and maybe a list of parts for it?

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you have gone and done it! I mix up a batch and put it in my truck, I've been running a 75% mix in my tractor for the past year and you have given me the encouragement to put some in my truck. I could not believe my ears. the motor is quiet, smoother and more power. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

driverd

Reaction score
i realize this is an old post but was wondering how your ip is holding up to wmo? are u still running wmo in it? i'm in langley and have been thinking about running wmo but i'll probably try to find a decent used centrifuge.that is unless u talk me out due to your 1st hand experience.

jukess289

Reaction score
just watch the much WMO in the winter I an doing the same thing in the summer but last winter had a problem with it jelling and so did my friend in the duramax but works great in the warmer months

jukess289

Reaction score
and as far as smoke it was not too bad till I installed a moose pump then was not all that smokey till you stand on it and then yes I feel bad for the people behind me but oh well runs better and quieter on WMO

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmmm
I think I'm going to just have to try this today
it gets up to about 45°F around here almost every day so and frankly I just dont feel like going to the gas station today. I"ll try a quick run up to the grocery store on about a 50/50 mix and see what happens. I already filterd the stuff through about five shop rags in a funnel when I stored it and the filter in the truck is about due for a change anyway so

I'm going for it

its 20°F now
at what temp does the stuff jell
and does it jell as a result of mixing it with diesel or does it just get stiff on its own cause its oil and not as viscous as diesel

sassyrel

Reaction score
just watch the much WMO in the winter I an doing the same thing in the summer but last winter had a problem with it jelling and so did my friend in the duramax but works great in the warmer months

motor oil----DOESNT JELL--it just gets wayyyyy thick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger