Well crap!!!!

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
I went into town today to inquire about getting some oil at a local grill in town and the guy said that they now PAY him for the used oil!!!!! CRAP!!!! This sucks for everyone. :backoff -cuss

Exekiel69

Reaction score
That is no surprise, we all knew it will come to this. Like every great deal it doesn't last for too long specially if it is fuel. We all enjoyed it while it was free, now well start seen labels in the back of our favorite restaurants with their fee by the gallon :rolleyes: .

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yep that has been going on for a while here in fort wayne... the dumpsters are marked "Bio Fuel" with a recycle symbol on them. They are popping up just about everywhere.... me an a buddy have been thinking about seeing what they are charging and looking into buying a couple of dumpsters then sitting them in place.

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
I went into town today to inquire about getting some oil at a local grill in town and the guy said that they now PAY him for the used oil!!!!! CRAP!!!! This sucks for everyone. :backoff -cuss

somebody over on FTE.com was saying a company moved into California's Central Valley and has collection dumpsters everywhere, and is being downright nasty to people that try to collect for their own use.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Dont think I am going to buy a super cool processor then....It will take longer to pay off....maybe when I am not moving so often....

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I'm still getting mine free. and if you want to set up your own dumpster or barrel go for it just don't stop picking it up or forget about it.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I've heard of the entire gamut. People getting paid for their oil and people paying to have their oil taken yet some have theirs taken for free with no contracts. I think if the company feels there is no demand for the oil at that location for whatever reason they'll just take it for free. If they feel that's threatened perhaps they start paying for it, and if it's alot of oil they get contracts. Either way, if you're nice enough to the right people you can get your oil for free.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I've heard of the entire gamut. People getting paid for their oil and people paying to have their oil taken yet some have theirs taken for free with no contracts. I think if the company feels there is no demand for the oil at that location for whatever reason they'll just take it for free. If they feel that's threatened perhaps they start paying for it, and if it's alot of oil they get contracts. Either way, if you're nice enough to the right people you can get your oil for free.

I made good friends with the owner and the leave it in the cubbies for me by the back door and dump the junk in the can for the other people. make friends and buy their food "Help me Help you!"

sassyrel

Reaction score
and did you find anything out about the oil contracts between the owners and the waste oil pickers????????

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
This has been going on a little here, but not much. The places that will pay for it require that the restaurant supply a minimum amount of oil every month , otherwise, they stilll have to pay to get it hauled off.

You folks in healthy areas are getting the squeeze, but thankfully, here in the cholesterol belt, deep frying is still alive and well at every dairy bar and mini mart, and so far, the big rendering outfits aren't too interested in fooling with the low volume places, it costs them more in time to keep track of those places than they can get out of them, besides, they have dozens of chicken and other procesing plants around here that keep them busy by the tanker load. We've got a couple of commercial biodiesel plants going in, but those are going to be fed by the local soy bean crop.

----Robert

mahcire

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
We've got a couple of commercial biodiesel plants going in, but those are going to be fed by the local soy bean crop.

----Robert[/QUOTE]

from my little knowledge of the big time bioplants all that they'll use is crop. i was looking at trying to get into the business since there is only one bio company within about 100 miles and talked with a bio company. they offered a decnet deal but for a heafty price and they only use crop that has to be approved by their engineers or chemists.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I am not certain how well it would work, but we collect Trans, diff, motor oil from the cars that get processed at the wrecker, I could collect that stuff, filter it and remove water and use it for free probably...along with that the Pub I work at has a big dumpster they have to pay to have removed so I may be able to work with them on a deal too...I am not certain if they PAY or are payed but if they PAY, I'll do it for FREE!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I've lost my "free" source. Someone is now paying for the WVO. It was fun while it lasted. I'm just glad I didn't have a lot invested in processing equipment.

Okumaguru

Reaction score
oil thoughts

Has anyone thought about "pressing" their own oil. I started gathering information and then noticed the oil getting harder to get. I then started looking into pressing my own but I had to move and I have had to concentrate on the move. I intend to start getting back into it, probably around spring.
I also have quite a bit of information on making biodiesel I will be glad to share if I can still find it.
Thanks
Tim