Welcome To OB Takara!

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I'd like to be the first to welcome Takara (my other half) to OB. She originally wanted a Dodge :)puke:) but I told her IDI or nothing, so we found her a Ford of her own (see thread "Buying Another IDI"). She has helped me work all all my previous IDI's, so she does know a little about these trucks, but like all of us she's still learning.

Now that she's a member, I better watch what I say so that I don't end up with a lump on my head... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then, welcome it is indeed :D Please ignore some the retardedness some of us spread around, I assure you it's not contagious ;)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. We are for the most part harmless but sometimes a few will get out of line and post something not really fair... The members here are committed (maybe I shouldn't have used that word) to helping keep the money in your pocket and not at the dealership....:sly

t_hayes1984

'86 F250 4x4
Reaction score
Thanks I am super excited, it is my first IDI and I can't wait to get it here and start working on it!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful tho, that's how it starts - soon after this one is all fixed up you'll be looking at others, heck given enough time you'll be eying every crewcab dually that drives by you :D

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Be careful tho, that's how it starts - soon after this one is all fixed up you'll be looking at others, heck given enough time you'll be eying every crewcab dually that drives by you :D

Don't tell her that! :backoff I'm the one the has to fix everything on her "honey-do" list and so far I already have my work cut out for me. :rotflmao

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, too late, beans are spilled - prepare for the crewcab dually in your future ;p But hey, at least she's willing to help ya, I bet several of the married guys here would consider you very lucky in that department :D

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
NOTE: willing to trade one ex for a newer model that will cook, clean, do some mechanical repairs, and has a nice fishing boat. (please enclose picture of boat)

Thanks,
Chuck

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
The only dually I've seen so far that I want has three doors down each side. ;Sweet Since we use the trucks for hauling firewood, a dually isn't as easy to get around the woods in. When was the first dually 4x4 trucks made by Ford? If it was a 4x4 I might consider it, but I prefer the SRW trucks. My driveway down the side of the house to the garage is BARELY wide enough for my current CC to make it down. I doubt I could even get a dually back to the garage... :dunno

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard ;Sweet

And, I don't think Ford built a 4x4 crewcab dualie until the SuperDuties came out, but I can't say for certain...

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man that is awesome your wife likes to help work on the truck, I too am lucky my wife likes to get out and work with me on mine. I will set her up with whatever tools she needs and if she needs help or questions she just asks.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Hey man that is awesome your wife likes to help work on the truck, I too am lucky my wife likes to get out and work with me on mine. I will set her up with whatever tools she needs and if she needs help or questions she just asks.

That's what I do too. She's been watching and helping me long enough that I think she can do most of it on her own. Maybe now that she is going to own one herself she will understand the "addiction" to working on these trucks ... even if it's tearing the rear brakes apart at 11PM in the rain while under a tarp... :rotflmao

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, at least you have a tarp, I had to take apart the D44 hubs of my old '78 and install new studs for both front wheels on the side of the road at like midnight - no tarp, no cover from the freezing rain, and the local idiots flying WOT just a few feet away. The things we sometimes do for our trucks... lol

I'm not sure of the 4x4 duallies, but I've noticed that most any late-'80s and early-'90s Ford dually 4x4 seems to be a crew cab, regcabs seem pretty rare. Beats me, maybe someone else knows more about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance