weird problem

idiburner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey everyone quick question the gauge cluster in my 92 f250 7.3idi 5 speed 4x4 eclb everytime i turn the key to on position the lights on the cluster turn on anyone have any ideas???? i am totally stumped?? i have so far swapped out gauge clusters and the same thing dosnt fix it

sorry for all the post lately just been trying to get this truck back to its former glory

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dimmer switch could be shot, may be jumpered to ignition hot for cluster lights.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go down to the fuse box and pull the fuse for the cluster lights. If that stops it, then you know the problem is from the fuse to the headlight switch. If it still does it, then you know you are getting stray power after the fuse, somewhere in the dash wiring. The wiring for this circuit is all blue/red stripe. I am guessing someone put in a aftermarket radio, and got some wires mixed up, and the power for the radio is backfeeding into the cluster wiring. If I am right, you should be able to pull the radio fuse and the problem will go away. Of course your radio won't work either, but at least you will know where to look.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin