weak brakes

JohnDeStef

addicted
Reaction score
Upgraded brake pads? What do you guys recommend? Hawk? Satisfied?

My truck w/ the abs is adequate, but better bite with the pads would be nice. Hey I better change the brake fluid first, that might make a huge difference... :D

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking all over for some stainless steel brake lines for my old F250....I think that would greatly improve peddle feel to replace the old squishy rubber flex lines.

BTW-JohnDeStef- I LOVE your Celica! I'm a bit of a Toyota nut myself, and I work as a Tech at a Toyota dealership.... You might appreciate my hotrod 22RE in my rockcrawling truck or my 400HP 7MGTE in my 87 Supra...

Ryan

JohnDeStef

addicted
Reaction score
reklund said:
BTW-JohnDeStef- I LOVE your Celica! I'm a bit of a Toyota nut myself, and I work as a Tech at a Toyota dealership.... You might appreciate my hotrod 22RE in my rockcrawling truck or my 400HP 7MGTE in my 87 Supra...

Many thanks to a Toyota Tech! I appreciate that.

rekland's Garage... clicky no worky... Well it works but the Garage is empty! I was hoping to find some info about your 87 Supra in your garage. I would really really like to do that swap too! ;Sweet

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should work now...just gotta get some pics of the F250!

Still haven't been able to find any stainless lines for the old Ford...Any ideas?

Ryan

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to find a set of stainless braided brake lines for my 1992 F250...but haven't had any luck. That site is great tho, it'll be useful on another project I'm sure.

Ryan

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
91rollumback said:
any ways to make my 91 stop any better?

Are you talking about the mushy pedal, or is your truck just having stoping power issues? I have been out of the loop a while but a few years ago we started putting the F450 master cyls on all the 250 and 350 trucks and it cured the "mushy" pedal and improved all around stopping power. Last I heard there are some direct replacement masters now with a larger bore size that do pretty much the same thing but I have not installed any so its second hand info to me. The 450 unit requires the mounting holes to be elongated in order to bolt up. I used to use a die grinder and it took about a minute to get the pattern to match. Hope that helped. Magoo

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
The first thing I do whenever I get a new old truck is replace the master cylinder AND the rear wheel cylinders, it cures the mush every time, and I have never purchaced a used truck that had those in good shape, don't cheap and just do one, I tried that twice and both times I had to replace the other within a week, and don't forget to bleed your brakes once a year ;)