Water injection??

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is for those of you that have done water/**** injection, I've been looking at different kinds of kits out there and want to know what everyone thinks is the best.
Boost triggered, or full throttle triggered?

Also found some kits that work off a MAP sensor. I have several GM style MAP sensors layin around and I know how to wire it, would that setup work?

I really only need the EGT's lower during full throttle driving,(I know, let off the pedal:rolleyes: ) it gets hot under part throttle high load, (pullin the 5'ver) but its still below 1000 and I'm plannin the intercooler install this spring.:thumbsup:

OR....
Is this just a waste of time and $$$?

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
1000 degrees is not high EGT. Hypermax tech support told me a 6.9 can run at 1250 all day long. I recently took a 2000 mile trip grossing 16,000 lbs and pulled many looong hills at 1200 EGT. I think you are being way to conservative. Call Hypermax and ask them - they know.

Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EGT's are not the only reason to do water/**** injection though.

I think most systems I've seen are boost controlled.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pyro is after the turbo, so I dont let it get that hot. My fuel is topped out so I was hopeing the water/methonal mix will give me a little extra :peelout
Is it posible to use an injection system designed for a gasser?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would suppose so. A water injection system is a fairly simple affair. The key thing is getting the right pump presure and nozzle mist pattern and flow.