wastegate duty cycle 98.8 constant

7.3workhorse

Reaction score
Fresh bargain basement rebuild, 355K on external components and fairly old injectors, at the rest area she diesels louder than the big truck beside her! New Edge Insight gauges show wastegate control duty cycle at 98.8% with no fluctuation? MAP sensor tube, and sensor orifice were pluged with mud and bug pupae from being disconnected for 5 years. Cleaned out rubber tubing and used brake cleaner and air on sensor but bug stuff went into sensor. Should I just replace the MAP sensor, and the Wastegate control solenoid? I have never messed with that stuff. She maxes out at 7 on boost, less if on non stock TS setting. EGTs run 900s to 1150 on highway, doesnt take much to go over 1300. Injection control pressure runs from 480 to 2400. She really rattles bad at idle, smooths out with some peddle. Lacking power, shutters some on upshift, run with over drive off till over 55mph.

7.3workhorse

Reaction score
Just set a guage on manifold ABS pressure, running from 12 to 20PSI On short drive in town. So doesnt that mean MAP sensor is working? And I should start by replacing waste gate control solenoid?