Was this really a thing?

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not even a little bit!! Even in a 3/4 or 1 ton...

He doesn't show the wheels or axels so I cant say it is a "half ton".

1 more big red flag... Efi big block. Never hit the market until 88. 302 in about that's year, 300 in 87, 351 and 460 in 88 and diesel in 94.... And that's defiantly a BBF, can't confirm a 429 without crank shaft numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ummmmm NO.....

Crew Cabs were only F-350's pre 1997.... (Ford did make a Crew Cab short bed F-250 SWR in 1997) and the 99+ SuperDuty's do....

Dually's were only F-350's also.... and if it left the factory with a pickup bed, and was a Crew Cab Dually, it was 2 wheel drive..... Ford did not produce a 4x4 Crew Cab Dually with a pickup bed before 1999. They made 4x4 dually's and they made 4x4 crew cabs with a pickup bed, but they were ONLY SWR.......

My thought is someone changed the badges on a dually (or fenders that had badges)..... but it wouldn't be a half ton crew cab in the early 80's..... the F-150 didn't get 4 doors until the SuperCrew in the 2000's......

Also, wouldn't be a 429..... they put the 300 inch 6, the 302, 351 and 460 V8 gassers in them..... (or in 85 it could have had a 6.9 IDI) 429 had been discontinued, and I don't think it would be a serpentine belt either.... we had an 83 F-150 and a 85 E-150 and they were both V-Belts and carb'ed. This one is serpentine and EFI....

It is a factory Non-A/C truck.... no dash vents..... and this engine has a serpentine A/C idler that replaces the compressor, and the V-Belt trucks, just didn't a compressor and belt.....

I think this thing is a mashup of many different things......

Also, not pertaining to this truck, but Ford, to this date, has not put a diesel in a half-ton from the factory. All Ford Diesel Pickups have been 8 or 10 lug...... if there is a diesel in a half-ton or Bronco, it's not factory...........

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your closest Snicklas... Go look at it :)

And one little side note... Ford did have a 429 into the 90's as a medium duty truck engine. They also had a steal crankshaft. And in 85 the offered the 370, 429, and 460 for MD trucks. Still the good ol 385 series BBF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that thing never existed rolling off an assy line.
same thing with the one below. if you see something like this, someone built it.

You must be registered for see images attach

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look really close on the picture from the back, though, you can see that the front is for sure less than 8 lug. And by the tire size/wheel ratio, I'm willing to bet that all of those wheels are 15's.

I am in no way saying it's anywhere near factory, just that it may be a half ton 4x4. Shoot we all know what bronco centurions are, and those are definitely not ford factory. It's a really unique for sure

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty easy to bolt a 44TTB in the front and a 8.8 or 9" in the rear of an 85 crewcab dually!
370 and 429 were the "lima " medium duty engine, wow steel crank with monstrous diameter crank bearings good for about 3500rpm .
that sure looks liek a 88-97 460 efi in there.

its a real hard sell! take 4 or 500 cash with you and you might be winching it onto a trailer.

its a cool old xlt crew but pretty worthless with those big honkin rot holes in the box. a flashback to somebody's brain fart .

here is a cool crew , wish I would have bought it:frustrate
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online