wanting to rebuild 7.3 for my truck

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
im lookin in to rebuilding mine some time in the future. its got 400k and a burnt exhaust valve and leaks alittle oil. i found a complete kit for 1800 and change. how hard would it be for me to rebuild it my self?

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tyrod, 700,000 miles? WOW!! That makes me like them that much more. The 7.3 has a .011 larger bore than a 6.9. I thought these blocks would be plenty thick enough to handle a bigger bore. That's very good to know. Let us know what you find on parts.

johnnyb1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except for the machine work [ checking heads,block,installing cam bushings,freeze plugs ] I would do it myself. I've done plenty of gassers but wouldn't be afraid of this. Do some reading first!! Clean,clean,clean. Did I mention clean? LOL. Pay close attention to torque specs.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something for typ4 after reading his sig. Its a 2384cc engine with turbo in a street legal buggy, that my dad now owns and my cousin built

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!;Sweet

Tyrod

Reaction score
Typ4 i can only imagine how fun that 2840cc engine is with a turbo in a sandrail, its bigger than the turboed 2384 we got and that buggy ran in low nines at the track :sly and thanks for the link to the ebay store so far thats the best prices iv found on parts. Do they make a bigger set of valves for the idi heads? or just the stock diameter? What upgrades is there for the 7.3 engine internaly?

And sorry in advance for any bad spelling haha because im not the best at spelling words

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online