Wanted: 6.9L engine

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Want to buy:
* 6.9L engine
* Good running condition (good compression & burns little or no oil)
* Located in the greater SF Bay area
* $$ Finder's Fee Paid! $$

This engine is for a friend's van. He is a professional tranny rebuilder by trade. His engine is burning loads of oil with blue smoke. He has cash and is willing to travel anywhere in the greater SF Bay Area for it.

Please contact me at my email [email protected] not here and I will give you his cell phone to complete the deal. Thanks

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
If im not mistaken wont this motor need to be from a van also since there are a few things different than off a pickup?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If im not mistaken wont this motor need to be from a van also since there are a few things different than off a pickup?

Smokin, I believe all the "van specific" parts are bolt on accessories. I believe the Fuel Filter, power steering pump (Vans use a Saganaw pump), and the exhaust manifolds are different, but the core engine and most of the other parts are the same....

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smokin, I believe all the "van specific" parts are bolt on accessories. I believe the Fuel Filter, power steering pump (Vans use a Saganaw pump), and the exhaust manifolds are different, but the core engine and most of the other parts are the same....
What he said. Everything he needs that's van-specific, he can easily swap over from the bad engine.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
What he said. Everything he needs that's van-specific, he can easily swap over from the bad engine.

With his eyes closed! :sly This guy is the most serious tranny gearhead I have ever met and making adjustments is where he excels. What he does not do is rebuild engines.

3day240sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 93 non turbo 7.3 with 138k original miles on it in the truck still but I am in memphis tn. How much would it be worth to ya to come all the way over here?

85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a good running 85 6.9 with 130k on it and I'm up in the Sacramento area. You could hear it run before I pull if you'd like. Truck is totaled as of last thursday. E-Mail me @ [email protected] Thanks.. --Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online