want you opinion

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like your opinions.......
I have to sell my truck. My medical problems are making it way to hard for me to drive my beloved dually and I can't hardly judge distances while driving it any more. I'm going to a smaller pickup single cab diesel f-150 hopefully. My truck is in awesome shape, runs perfect, almost new paint, only 100 thousand miles on the 7.3 idi non Turbo. Eveerything works, new tires, etc.

So here's where I need your opinions, would I be crazy asking 4000.00 for it? The truck is very clean and I have all maintanance records for it. Its been babied. Its also a special model, landmark I believe. Deluxe wood etc. Well opinions? Is it too much?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to know for sure without some good photos of the truck inside and out. But, $4000 is not outragious for a cherry IDI F350.

Heath

Last edited:

Reaction score
Without more info, that sounds plenty reasonable -if not cheap- at least here where the rust calls home.

redmondjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price sounds about right, but it really depends on the location - out here in the PNW, those older two-wheel-drive crew cab duallies just aren't selling for very much regardless of condition. They are typically used for 5th-wheel or horse trailer hauling, and the people who tend to do that are either well-off and/or retired and want a newer, more reliable (in their mind) truck.

And EVERYBODY wants 4x4 these days, whether they need it or not (full disclosure: I have two trucks which are 4x4, and I may actually engage it 2-3x a year when driving from my house to the freeway on icy winter days when I take the 4x4 to work due to the road conditions).

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang it ,That is exactly what I need for the camper to live on, and here I am out of work.:mad::mad:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang it ,That is exactly what I need for the camper to live on, and here I am out of work.:mad::mad:
you better include delivered to you free of charge too.
I have a glider chassis here that you won't come down and take home.:eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like your opinions.......
I have to sell my truck. My medical problems are making it way to hard for me to drive my beloved dually and I can't hardly judge distances while driving it any more. I'm going to a smaller pickup single cab diesel f-150 hopefully. My truck is in awesome shape, runs perfect, almost new paint, only 100 thousand miles on the 7.3 idi non Turbo. Eveerything works, new tires, etc.

So here's where I need your opinions, would I be crazy asking 4000.00 for it? The truck is very clean and I have all maintanance records for it. Its been babied. Its also a special model, landmark I believe. Deluxe wood etc. Well opinions? Is it too much?
You can open the floor at any price....the key is to get people to email or the phone to ring.
out here the market is very soft for CC dualies. I've even had a girl come by the other day looking at the '85 for $2500 but she wanted a 4x4. just for S&G, I showed her the Sulaco, and threw a number of $5k. I think she wet her ******* in a good way;Sweet. I pulled it out of its resting spot and she spent the next hour going through the truck and taking pics. her intention is bring it back to Brazil with her.cookoocookoocookoo
I personally don't care...I'll just build another SC dually 4x4 with some of the proceeds.:D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you better include delivered to you free of charge too.
I have a glider chassis here that you won't come down and take home.:eek:

Believe me if I wasnt broken I would be all over that .

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Darrin made a good point on another thread. The pictures you take and the way you present the truck make a difference. I would start out a bit higher on price and hope to settle on a bit more than the $4,000 you mentioned. Good luck;Sweet

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to a smaller pickup single cab diesel f-150 hopefully.

It's going to be awful hard to find an F150 with a diesel in it. Ford never made one. Maybe next year (2013), a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online

No members online now.