Velvet Ride install on 93

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Seeing as the weather up here has pretty much stopped any outdoor concrete construction. (-10 this AM) I've decided it's time to install a few goodies that have accumulated over the summer.
I've got the Turbo Diesel Bumper, Firestone Air Bags, and Velvet Ride Spring Shackles to install.

In the Velvet Ride instructions it says that on some trucks you have to cut the spring eye bolt off, in order to remove it. Then replace it with a Grade 8- 9/16 X 5" bolt.

Does anyone know if the spring eye bolt will come out on 93's?

I looked around a couple of places yesterday. 9/16X5 is not a common size. I couldn't find them. 4" was the max I could locate.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes the one on the spring will come off but the one on the shakle, well that one takes more work. You can use a 5 1/2" long bolt and works great too. Lots wd40 or PBlaster will help un-frozen the bolt on the shakle make sure You put some anti-size along the bolt when You put it back.

Home depot have them on 5 1/2"- 6" grade 8. I got them on fastenal (15 miles from My home) and found them on home cheapo later (5 blocks) :rolleyes: .

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth EZ, I'd bet the quality of the Fastenall bolts might be higher than what you'd find at home depot.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Funny thing is, they have the bolts but they are missing the nuts and washers. Ever try to find something out of the ordinary there and You'll get the deer look from all the attendants, the hardware store where I get My materials and stuff here with the name TWPerry that is in business for a very long time and man their customer service is better. Last time I went to home cheapo they have Me waiting 3 1/2 hours to load 3 pallets of block cookoo they offered Me a gift card for loosing My time, My answer was "You just lost Me 3 1/2 hours and you want Me to come back???"-cuss

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Well, just for refrence.

The rear spring shackle bolts will not come out on a 93 F250 SCab, without removing the spring.

You've got to remove the nut, then cut the bolt head off.
I think I could have gotten away with a 4-1/2" bolt. There were plenty of threads sticking out to the inside of the spring shackle, with a 5" bolt.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
There is a place in Zanesville, Ohio called Black's Springs. I believe they will ship you about anything suspension related. They are great folks to deal with. I can get you a number if you want to go that route. They bend u-bolts, make leaf springs etc. and are VERY affordable.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I did my lift I was frantic to find bolts....no body had them, especially anyone open on a weekend..... I went to TSC and they didnt have anything....but they did have a clearance bolt bin...... they had 14mm 8.8 grade bolts....they were like $1.00 a pound so for the time being i put them in.... and they squealed like a little piggy everytime my suspension moved.... I just replaced them last week with 9/16" grade 8 bolt I got from fastenal and everything is now good.....the funny thing is, is that they dont sell any kind of nut in grade 8 for it....I had to use a grade 5 lock nut...????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online