Valvoline gear oil in Flex Fill container

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked up five quarts of this Valvoline gear oil. I bought two quarts of it a couple of months ago and liked the design of the container so much I wanted to have extra for whenever I need it. (It was at Walmart for something like $12/quart.) It makes filling an axle a breeze! (It is such a better design than a hard plastic jug I don't know why it wasn't produced years ago.)
Hopefully this helps you guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of company`s are going to this as a convience.
Wonder how much is left in the bag you cannot get out?

I have a gallon jug with a pump I use to fill the Diff and trans.

Goat

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Filling a rear end with gear lube is tough. I’ve used the outboard engine primer to pump it in and I felt like you need the for-arms of Popeye to get through a fill up. I’ve used a hose on the nozzle of the plastic jug too, even cut a small X in the bottom of the jug after I started and put an air nozzle in the X to help, but I think your “oversized ketchup packet” is a better solution.

Thanks for sharing!

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate they got around to this now. We've got a lube pump from mityvac we use for diffs, transfer cases, and some transmissions. IMO they should put all fluids in this kind of packaging as it would really cut down on landfill waste. As far as I'm concerned, the amount remaining in the bag would be no different then the amount left in a container.

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a great idea. I can't imagine there would be any more left in those than the little bit I can't get out of the plastic jugs.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whether quart, Gallon or 2 gallon jug, I have always drained them into another jug.
I have one 2 gallon jug that I drain everything into, and is impressive how much I recover in a year.
Then the empty`s go to recycle.

Think about that little bit of oil in each container all across the country going to a land fill, that ends up to be many gallons.

Anything I can`t recycle, goes into the shop wood stove, Oil Filters too. Then rake out the metal and it goes in my scrap metal pile.

Goat

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t you be able to drain the soft-side containers too? I would think you would. I haven’t seen them, but I’d imagine they’re stiff enough to stand upside down.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whether quart, Gallon or 2 gallon jug, I have always drained them into another jug.
I have one 2 gallon jug that I drain everything into, and is impressive how much I recover in a year.
Then the empty`s go to recycle.

Think about that little bit of oil in each container all across the country going to a land fill, that ends up to be many gallons.

Anything I can`t recycle, goes into the shop wood stove, Oil Filters too. Then rake out the metal and it goes in my scrap metal pile.

Goat
Great idea for the filters.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked up five quarts of this Valvoline gear oil. I bought two quarts of it a couple of months ago and liked the design of the container so much I wanted to have extra for whenever I need it. (It was at Walmart for something like $12/quart.) It makes filling an axle a breeze! (It is such a better design than a hard plastic jug I don't know why it wasn't produced years ago.)
Hopefully this helps you guys.

You must be registered for see images attach
Almost tempted to offer you a dollar for the empty container. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online