Valley pan gasket? 7.3 idi turboed

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Isn`t that the listing that he sold 9...and only one left?

"Hurry, last one going quick"

Goat
I hope it was a business that bought them so they could write it off. If it was an individual... Either they're a schmuck, or were in dire need to get their truck running... Who knows.

jasonsprinkle

Reaction score
I am also looking for an intake valley pan gasket for my 1992 F-350 7.3L IDI. I purchased a remanned engine from Promar but they don't include the intake gasket. I searched every Fel-Pro, Navistar, Ford, Mahle, and PAI part number but I haven't found anything in stock. Several websites such as Advance, Tasca, Heavy Duty Pros suggest they are in stock but they later tell me they are out of stock. I'm not desperate enough to pay $1000 from eBay. The best lead I have is someone from Engine Parts Super Store said they might be in stock in late May/early June.

Any other suggestions? I guess worst case is to remove the old one carefully and reseal it with RTV. Thanks.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Several people have reused old ones with good results. As long as the metal isn't torn or too bent up, it'll be fine.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. I thought I read here not long ago that these were commonly available again.
Did the Ebay gold miner buy them all up in hopes of selling them all for $1,000 each some day?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will break out my sheet metal skills and gasket material before I ever pay that much.

James

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During the drought someone here posted a place that had them in stock so I grabbed one just because I felt like I should (even though I don't know if I'll ever use it).
And a few months later they were making them again and available everywhere.
And now they're all gone? Seems bizarre to me.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I discovered a company that seems to have a solution for us. Olsons gaskets has started making a set of gaskets that is intended to be used with your old sheet metal valley pan. They don’t show the price on their website but I like the idea. I may give them a call tomorrow to see how much it costs.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked Woodline, they are out also, PAI sold out of the pans but are planning on another run . Couldnt say when it would happen

Last edited:

jasonsprinkle

Reaction score
I just checked Woodline, they are out also, PAI sold out of the pans but are planning on another run . Couldnt say when it would happen

I noticed on the Woodline website on Friday that the status of the valley pans had changed from "out of stock" to "call for availability". I called and they said they were back in stock. They were able to drop ship the valley pan gasket directly from PAI in Atlanta. The valley pan gasket arrived today.

I certainly recommend giving Woodline a call if anyone else needs one.
https://www.woodlineparts.com/products/pai-431377-navistar-1805389c3-valley-pan-gasket-6-9-7-3-444

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online