Valley pan gasket? 7.3 idi turboed

The Diesel Guy

Reaction score
So I've been looking everywhere to get a new valley pan gasket for my 1990 7.3 idi with ATS turbo so no luck everyone's sold out of those I've purchased some from a few sites and keep getting refunds because they don't have them. Ebay has them for $1,000 I can't afford nor willing to spend that on a $70 part. I still have my old one unsure how old it is but I been hearing to not reuse them. My engines out of the truck getting rebuilt and I don't have the winter to wait on them to come back into the market. Is there a gasket that can be made to work on these types of valley pans?
Picture is not mine but is to show what it looks like on the 7.3 idi

Attachments

• valley pan pic.jpg
    valley pan pic.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 19

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It may not be ideal or even recommended, but I feel that you can reuse them if you use a skim coat of RTV on both the head and intake sides. That's just to ensure a seal. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best that we can do at this point. Most of us aren't willing (or able) to pay that much. We also need to have our trucks going again, so we do what we have to do.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Lol. Ive been re using them fir a while with each build. Either rtv or copper spray to seal it up. If they arent bent, cracked, or have holes in them i hang them on a shelf fir later use. I cant seem to ever find new ones for sale either. At least when im needing one they seem to never be on the market. Prolly a million for sale real cheap when I dont.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Its scary when something as simple as an intake manifold gasket isn't available. Rock auto still has them listed but out of stock. Hopefully this is a temporary thing.

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same thing as I am in the process of rebuilding my 6.9 IDI.

Summit Racing - Sold Out
Rock Auto - Sold Out
Northern Auto Parts - Sold Out
O'Reilly - Sold Out - And I live near Springfield, MO - O'Reilly's corporate headquarters and sight of their largest warehouse.
AutoZone - Sold Out.

Finally found one at a NAPA in a nearby small town.

Good Luck.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I RTV'd the intake sides. Probably didn't have to, but wanted to make sure it sealed.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advance now shows them in stock for $75.99

I have one I pulled off an engine from PNP.
Gently slipped a real thin Putty Knife around the edges to break the seal. and got it off w/o damaging it.

Just make sure it isn`t rusted etc... There is the drain hole in the back, remove it with a 3/8" socket extension. Plug has a square hole in it.
Then I think it 4 little bolts across the front.

Good old E-bay has had that one listed for $1000.00.

Here is the part# for it E9TZ-9439-A

Goat.

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I've seen that ebay gold one before. What a joker.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from classic diesel designs, they arnt the cheapest but their stuff is good.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The current manufacturer is now PAI. They run from $113-$126. Their recent run is all sold out, but keep an eye on googling “PAI 431377”
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: