used motor oil

Reefdiver72

Sludge Slinger
Reaction score
I run mine through 1 micron water filters in a house unit also actually a 5 micron first then a 1 I am running 80/20 now with no problem I dont have turbo yet buts it rune better then my 93 non turbo ever did on regular diesel or keresene.
I have found out though it runs best with about 10 % tranny fluid but it seems to run a little warmer with to much tranny fluid added.

SHIP4BRAINS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends--on the condition of your engine--mine NEVER smoked--until i stood on it,and then only momentarily--till the boost came on!!!!!!

Mine, running 25-30% hyd oil doesn't seem to smoke while driven in a normal manner ( gently ) and even at 75mph on the highway for 8 hours, there was minimal soot on the rear fender above the exhaust....this is there burning straight diesel...and seemed no worse with the oil.

I just scored 55 gal of hyd oil this week that had been in a machine for 30 minutes. There was a hyd pump failure so the entire machine had to be drained. THANKS!

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I figured sense we generate 500 gal or so of waste oil a month at work I would tap that reasource. I got a 30 gal tank welded a fill cap on it and put a ball valve with a regulator and a air hose fitting on it to apply a small amount of compresed air. This forces the oil through the filters I set up, 20 micron Hydrualic filter, to a 5 micron fuel filter and them to 2 micron high effiency fuel filter. I burn up to 50/50 after that the motor gets funny. It will run but not quite right. But if we generate so much I might as well use what I can. Also ATF, HYD oil all work fine and both are high detergent oils, so it should help keep things clean.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also ATF, HYD oil all work fine and both are high detergent oils, so it should help keep things clean.
I can vouch for the high detergents in ATF. changed oil on the tranny of an older car. I dont think it was ever changed due to smell and color... any way 2 days later the tranny stopped moving... new detergents in ATF cleaned all the varnish off inside of case and plugged things up...

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yep, ATF is some powerful stuff when it comes to it's clean properties....Burns real nice in an IDI....Just like advancing the IP a little...LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726