URGENT BOOB REQUEST

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have Garry Russel's cell phone number??? Barney (Flatlander) is broke down along the turnpike on his way to meet them for camping. :eek:

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the # on the BOOB board but it was a home #, I left a message just in case they happen to call and check them :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. I had the same problem. I looked up the thread they used to set this up, and then called the campground. They confirmed that the Russels did check in, and I asked them to hand deliver Barney's cell number 260-750-2943 to Gary with a message to call the number. They were rather unhelpfull when it came to sharing information about who was camping there. :rolleyes: For you Ohio'ans who may be in the area, Barney is broke down at Milepost 184 on the Ohio Turnpike. His destination was exit 187, so he almost made it. His C6 is fine on fluid, but won't budge. Noises are suggesting bad things have happened inside. He's got a white 80's body style with a camper in tow, if your driving by. We may need to activate the BOOB Express to get another trans or something out to him for the trip home. Guess their camping weekend will be spent under the truck. :(

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is truly bad news. That is the only reason I dont like automatics. You never know when one will give up on you. Manuals usually tell you for a few years before they snap. Hope somebody gets out there to help, I wish I still had that parts truck, you always need things right after you get rid of em.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
i've got the c6 i pulled out of my truck when i did the zf5 swap;Sweet
it ran strong when i pulled it. i'm off till tues night let me know if i need to load it up and make the run. oh its a 4x2 model
chris

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Chris, Fist post I See, Very cool! Welcome.

I called Barny and gave him your hone number he should be calling you as I type this. Not shure where you are located but if it works out that would be great!

Let us know what happened. and Thanks for your offer.

Darrin

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that's a heck of a first post right there! Welcome ;Sweet One of your customers Darrin? LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update!

I just spoke with Barney. Him, Russ, and Rob are together, and we have a diagnosis. The trans is FINE! What appears to have happened is some fastners have let loose. The torque converter is still bolted to the flex plate, but the flex plate is turning independant of the engine. They've located a new flex plate nearby, and aside from needing some bolts, the prognosis is good.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Someone didn't tighten the torque converter bolts properly. Now if that was an E4OD the TQ has 4 studs in it. So that would cause this kind of failure to be costing a new or rebuilt TQ. And yes this is really a job trying to get the motor back in place when your alone on those 4 studs. Old Mr Bill told me a good way of doing this. He works alone too. What he has is a straight edge with a level and sets the studs level from the passenger side to the drivers side. Also he has made up a trans support that can be set to any height. Says things just slip in... No mess or fuss about......:D

oregon-mike

Reaction score
:hail :hail
I just want to say that this was a helluva showing. This is what it's all about. People dropping what they're doing to help another who they may or may not know. Kudos to all y'all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mike

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
yep, i was at the races when he called me with the, good :rolleyes: , news.
i was looking forward to the road trip. always eaiser to identify problems 430 miles from home:D . no, really i would have just made a weekend out of it. pack the camper, wife, kids, and head off into the sunset with a c6, jack stands, tools, and a cooler of beer in the bed;p i missed rising sun this year, won't happen next year, wherever it is. and besids that it would have been the leat i could do, i've been there, it's not a fun place, to be. :fan: :***: :frustrate
chris

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Damn that must suck. I've always been lucky. Every automatic transmission i've ever had poop out on me died about a block and a half before i got home from a long trip.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm glad he's going to be out of that fix...makes me glad to be part of this online community. My parents and my brother and I had an auto trans in a D**ge grand caravan blow up on us in a little hole in the wall NC town on the way to visit my Grandma for Christmas. We had a carload full of presents, fishing tackle and other junk, luggage etc. I guess we should be thankful it wasn't too far maybe 3 hrs from where Grandma lived and she could come get us. The Lord was watching over us.... but yeah I'm glad Barney isn't looking at a new tranny install on the road... good luck to all y'all helping him with the flexplate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online