greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out with the 4bt!
You must be registered for see images attach

in with the 7.3

getting every thing lined up for the motor mounts.

Its pretty tight on the drivers side with the manifold and brake lines and such. Cant believe I thought I could fit the turbo kit.:dunno

Tons of space on the passenger side. Fits kinda like the 460 did when it was in here.

Here is where my real problems start. I will have to cut the floor and part of the firewall to fit the tranny. With 1"-2" body lift I may be able to make fit but I really dont want to lift it.

showing the flywheel from inside the cab.

Just thought I would show some close up shots of the custom mounts.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope to have the truck up and running before spring. I had a line on a few diesel c6s but they were scrapped out before I got to them. I have a e40d and a controller but I want to go cheap and no electronics. I have the banks turbo and pedestal but it just will not work with clearance of the firewall. If any body has some c6s that will work near paris tx let me know and maybe we can do some trading on something. I have the flywheel on engine from the e40d and was wondering if it will work with the c6? Any way I just wanted to start a thread to show off my truck.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Looks like You have it all ready to go, should have much trouble finding a good/cheap c6.
What made You part with the 4bt? Id does look like You have a 4spd behind it.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no the 4bt has a th475 auto behind it with a lokar tall shifter. I have the gear vendors behind it. My fuel pin in my pump got in a bind with the pin that runs against it in the pump. I know that a lot of people say its a easy fix but I have spent to much money on this setup to not be really satisfied with it. I dont have all the right setup like fuel and turbo to make it run well in my truck. My truck is around 6000lbs. If I dont sell this setup I will get pump rebuilt and put in a light weight ratrod this next summer.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
It really is an easy fix and if You have patience You can do it Yourself and just buy the parts You need. I'm with Ironman I would also be tempted to get that setup. I have a 4bt Myself and hate the 4spd, how do You like the tranny GV setup You have? I was thinking the cheapest for Me would be to get a nv4500 from a GMC truck but I would love to have an auto on My work Van, makes life more simple.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Too bad your in TX or I'd be tempted to buy it...:sly

You're not the only one that's tempted. I hope that I happen to have the money if he decides he wants to sell it.

Greg, I like the truck, doesn't matter which engine you have in it.;Sweet Don't you also have a car that you were working on putting an IDI in?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you're mocking up the engine without a trans attached. It looks like you still have some room to jockey that engine a bit. If you had a trans on there, you could probably move it around to at least minimize how much cutting you are gonna have to do. Did you center the engine between the frame rails, if so, why? It looks to me like you have some room to go down and to the right with the engine make more room.
Travis..

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the comments. I got my crewcab 72 from a friend and he went through the time of figuring out all this stuff. the mounts are made to fit in a few of the factory motor mount holes. The oil pan has been shortened a few inches for clearance of the steering. My issue is all this was intended to use the e4od and have a 1"-2" body lift. I myself would rather build me a big doghouse on the inside of the truck than have a body lift. I have never finished the interior of the truck any way. As far as the auto I dont care for it and was always thinking that it had the wrong converter in the tranny. When you put it in gear it would shake furiously and untill I put the hydro boost on it would not stay when I was on the brake at a light. I love the gear vendor for the od and will use it more than likely behind the c6. I love the idea of the e40d but you have to have a few sensors and I would have to rig up a speed sensor some how for the baumman controller. All and all I am a simple guy and like simple things. I also would like to find a 3.08 sterling 10.25 to use to replace my dana 70 in the future. All of this is will not matter unless my finances picks up in the next few months. I have to say that I might not have what I use to but I have every thing I need and that is saying a lot these days!;Sweet

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well got a c6 and got it in and checked for clearance issues. Now tear it all down and degrease every thing and repaint every thing and start putting it back together.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score

well got the turbo kit off the dually and will try and see if it will fit in my truck. have most of the week off and hopefully will get some stuff done.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my stove pipe fixed up in my shop so I got some stuff done this morning and am happy to say my turbo kit fit great. I worked over the firewall just a bit before I put engine in again and I could have got away with out pushing in the wall it looks like. I will say this ats kit would probably be the best turbo kit fit wise to go in a bump or dent ford(67-79)truck. I have clearance every where around the exhaust 1-2.5". The one issue area is where the crossover pipe connects to the passenger side adapter seen here.

I will have to cut around 3"long x 1/2"deep area out of the frame to make it easy to take off and on. I could probably get away with denting the crossover pipe in a small area but if engine torques very much it will dent it in more or damage the pipe. Like I said this kit fits great as seen here.
The best I can remember the dent trucks(73-79) have a little bigger or open area on the firewall so this kit would work great if yall wanted to put a idi in one. The down pipe fits great and is nearly in line with the one that I had hooked to the 4bt. I will have to get a adapter piece to go from the down pipe to my 4" pipe. After lunch I will get back to it and see what I can get done today.

Attachments

• 100_3756.JPG
    100_3756.JPG
    916.6 KB · Views: 36

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well things are finally coming together on the truck. I drove the truck a little while ago and it seems to have tons more power than the 4bt did. I made a video to put on here but am having problems with photobucket uploading lately. It has a great v8 sound but with the turbo wine. I am going to go get the downpipe welded up to a 3"to4" adapter and then run a short piece of flex to hook up the stack. I did notice that it shifts very quick and a little to soft. Do I need to mess with the thing on the IP first or turn on the screw on the transmission first? Here is some new pics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online