Unique Modifications

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm biased but aussie headlights are the way to go when it comes to bricks.
You can run any 5×7 headlight
Obssolutions.
https://www.obssolutions.net/produc...-broncos/18?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false
That's around $360 for the kit, then well over a hundred more for high-end headlights. It's a great look, but it's pretty spendy.
Wait...where are these "other than aussie kit headlights" to be found for the bricks?
Definitely want to see these new options, where can we find them?

Detroit80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
badges anyone?

Oooh...likey, though I'd prefer it without the Superduty part. Are those backlit, or just a lot of reflection in the camera?

I'm aware of those, that's why I specifically asked about "other than aussie kits" LOL

annnd...just answered my own question, lol - eBay. Just searched up 1990 F150 headlights, and got a bunch of hits that included those pictured on this thread.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
annnd...just answered my own question, lol - eBay. Just searched up 1990 F150 headlights, and got a bunch of hits that included those pictured on this thread.
Looks as if there are a bunch of sellers offering head lamp assemblies with smooth lens and fluted reflectors, one variety with daytime running lights, one without. Wonder how well they work with LED or HID bulbs? The stock head lamp assemblies just stink with LEDs, and they don't work well with the stock 9004 bulb.

Detroit80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vast majority of the aftermarket LED replacement bulbs SUCK, and they're not going to work correctly with any housing/reflector designed for halogen bulbs. Even HIDs aren't really that great in a halogen reflector.

What many people don't realize is that a bulb, reflector and a lens are a system. You can't change one part to something of a different design and expect it to work correctly. The biggest reason for this is that LEDs are a very directional light, and halogens are omnidirectional. The halogen reflector and lens is designed to work with that, and things like the flutes in the lens and reflector are very intentional to create a proper beam pattern for a headlight to maximize what you can see without blinding the snot out of oncoming drivers. Very often, putting LEDs or HIDs into halogen housings causes extreme blinding of oncoming traffic. Don't know about other people, but blind people heading towards my truck is the last thing I'd want to have on the road...

Compare a factory LED headlight to a halogen light housing, and you'll see VERY different designs in the housing and lens.

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUT WAIT!!!!
...thats not all

You must be registered for see images attach

Man look at those beautiful steel wheel well liners.... I think I will have to make a set for mine while it is mostly apart.

I am just thinking of being able to properly mount things in that area verses the rubber that is there now.

Dang it! Everytime I get looking on here I make more work for myself....

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the previous owner of my truck put 2 amber oval LED lights in the front bumper, they are tied into the running lights so when i pull the knob they light up, they are also turn signal lights too. at night my truck looks really good cause it also has the cab lights on the roof.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
factory/093 turbo related
these few things have made servicing and operation to the factory turbo pretty easy.
first pic.
i clearanced the cowl, so that the factory style turbo will come out in 10 minutes without removing IP or injection lines.
2nd pic
is a new up pipe i make for the factory/093 turbos.
deletes the slipfit, for a leak free operation.
gives a v band connection at the Y
and a bellow for expansion and a bit of flex.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
GREAT! So now here's something else that I really should spend the money for on my new project truck. I forgot, how much are you asking for this again?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREAT! So now here's something else that I really should spend the money for on my new project truck. I forgot, how much are you asking for this again?
$550. but i need you to send me a lower Y to modify. i cant find any cores.
1 week lead time, shipped to your door
FACTORY/093 TURBOS ONLY

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I think it's worth it since it eliminates the chance for an exhaust leak here. Good thing that I happen to have a 093 on my non running truck. Above the Y it's stainless, right?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's worth it since it eliminates the chance for an exhaust leak here. Good thing that I happen to have a 093 on my non running truck. Above the Y it's stainless, right?
yup, all 304ss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online