turn signal not canceling

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blinkers work ok, turn corner and they dont cancel, left or right, any ideas on whats broke or what part it is before we tear it apart, steering columns tend to scare me, issue is with truck in sig.
Thanks

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman makes the little plastic piece that usually breaks but most people have not had much success with it and have opted for a new turn signal actuator. If you pop off the steering wheel you’ll be able to see what’s not working. I’m on TT and can’t see your truck but on the bricknose s it’s two screws to remove the horn and then a pair of bolts to remove the steering wheel and is very easy to do.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Dorman makes the little plastic piece that usually breaks but most people have not had much success with it and have opted for a new turn signal actuator. If you pop off the steering wheel you’ll be able to see what’s not working. I’m on TT and can’t see your truck but on the bricknose s it’s two screws to remove the horn and then a pair of bolts to remove the steering wheel and is very easy to do.

I put one of the Dorman ones in a 78 Dodge van. It would only cancel from a left turn as I recall. It was still an improvement over not canceling at all with the old one.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ebay is full of turn indicator switches for your year truck.For the 91 and below with tilt wheel the ford part number is E7TZ 13341-B. For the non tilt its the E7TZ 13341 A. I don't know the part number for your year but I sure did see plenty offered.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, look into the parts, dont want to tear into it without the correct parts or have to wait after its apart

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online