More turn signal

Hayden simpson

Reaction score
So my 85 is having turn signal issues. I have replaced the flasher, turn signal switch, bulbs and fuse. The turn signals come on for about 5 flashes then stop. It makes me think that my connection is not getting enough power to the flasher. The grey half moon shaped connector is snug(to the point I think getting it or might be a struggle. Any suggestions or ideas?

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the flasher on the rear of the fuse panel/box? One is for hazards, other is for turns

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the bulb sockets & see if any of the contacts are 'squashed'. May have to replace a socket or 2 from overheating.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the lights stay on solid when they quit flashing, the flasher is getting power, it's just not flashing anymore.

What type of flasher did you use? There is the original, which works on bulb load. Low or no bulb load, it will not flash but just stay on. A heavy duty flasher will flash regardless of bulb load, and a electronic flasher will also flash regardless of bulb load.

Hayden simpson

Reaction score
I noticed last night that the brake lights also are not turning on. With that combo is a ground seem more likely?