Wiring for turn signal

Hayden simpson

Reaction score
I am trying to diagnose my turn signal and brake light issues on my 85 F250. I have a test light and am trying to see if power is actually getting to my turn signal switch. Should one of the wires in the 11 prong u shaped connector be hot. I’m not getting anything on the test light
You must be registered for see images attach

Zion

Reaction score
I’m currently dealing with a similar problem in my 84’. I can’t add much related to the plug wiring, but whenever you’re experiencing issues with signals and brake lights in a bullnose, there are a few factors that can play in. For the turn signals, you may need to inspect your fuse panel and see whether or not your flasher is functioning. Although there is a unit connected to the brake pedal that functions in the brake lights circuit, it may be more likely that your issues are stemming from the wiring located at the back of the bed. If you have any sort of trailer light setup, there’s a good chance some damage to that wiring assembly is responsible for your lighting issues.

Hayden simpson

Reaction score
I’m currently dealing with a similar problem in my 84’. I can’t add much related to the plug wiring, but whenever you’re experiencing issues with signals and brake lights in a bullnose, there are a few factors that can play in. For the turn signals, you may need to inspect your fuse panel and see whether or not your flasher is functioning. Although there is a unit connected to the brake pedal that functions in the brake lights circuit, it may be more likely that your issues are stemming from the wiring located at the back of the bed. If you have any sort of trailer light setup, there’s a good chance some damage to that wiring assembly is responsible for your lighting issues.
Thanks, I unplugged the switch at the U connector and took the steering wheel of to test at the cam with a test light, worked for about 50 miles and now no blinkers again. Must be a loose ground or connector somewhere. I’m going to unplug and test the live prongs in the u connector with a test light tomorrow.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the following link and download the wiring diagrams and the EVTM for your truck. If you poke around on that site a bit, you'll also find a listing of all the connectors and signals as well.